Shocks for 4" lifted FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
I just measured for shocks... where can I look up shocks by extended/compressed length? I'm finding most vendors don't know about letting us look up shocks that way. The Procomp site is down at the moment... Any "best" source?

mark

I called Bilstein tech support directly and told them my measurements. They were very helpful, and the tech gave me his # to call back if needed. Don't know about other companies.

Call Summit...I used to work phone sales, and they have a lot of the catalogs for pro comp, bilstein, rancho and so on. I was also willing to find whatever lengths were needed for customers. Good luck!

@Jokenring how do you feel the 255/70 valving is for your truck? Also which version of them did you get as I see two different 255/70 valving, of course differing travel settings.

@Jokenring how do you feel the 255/70 valving is for your truck? Also which version of them did you get as I see two different 255/70 valving, of course differing travel settings.

They seem to ride fine, I haven't beat the piss out of them yet to see if they fade fast, but so far so good. By version do you mean part number? for the fronts I did 33-230337 and the rears are 33-185552. The fronts are a 9.2" travel stem/eye and the rears are a 10.1" eye/eye. This is on an Ironman lift. If I were to do it again, I would step up an inch of length in the front and back.

I used this chart, and ordered through summit.

http://www.bilsteinus.com/uploads/tx_templavoila/5125_Applications.pdf

Bringing this back. I am getting ready to buy shocks - finally. The 60 will be used for wheeling/rock crawling... not any high speed washboard roads or even much street driving.
Is there a less expensive shock that will do the trick? I'm not looking to spend $100 per shock here... ProComp...? Something else?

I'm looking for part numbers for Rancho-type shocks that aren't crazy expensive. I don't need the best, I just need something longer and better than stock.

Been a long time, but I used Doetsch Tech shocks on my 40 and they worked well there. I didn't care for the Rancho 5000s they replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom