Shock Bushing Install Tip (OME shocks) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sandcruiser

....back in the saddle again....
Threads
So I installed brand new OME shocks yesterday, the old ones were about five years old and very overdue for replacement.

Wow.

I'd forgotten how wonderful the OME ride can be! Very happy with the added smoothness.

Anyhow: here's my hot lowtech tip:
The poly bushings that came with my shocks are one piece. Not that easy to get into the eye of the shocks. I used a jumbo screwdriver, put a dab of grease on the bushing, then slid the bushing onto the screwdriver (very loose fit).

The put the screwdriver handle on the ground with the blade pointing up (bushing on the blade).

Then slid the shock eye over the screwdriver till it touched the bushing. I could then hold onto the screwdriver to keep it verticle and wiggle it a little while pushing down on the shock bodyw ith my foot. Popped right in. Super easy.

I did all six eyes in about five minutes this way.

I'm sure a press would work even better.... but I didn't have one handy.

A little lube and you can push them in by hand....no other tools required.

:beer:

Poser said:
A little lube and you can push them in by hand....no other tools required.

:beer:
Thats what she said last night!!!!!!!

Dynosoar

the problem I was running into was that with a little lube, the damn thing was so slippery that I couldn't hold it.... hence the screwdriver

I use a harmer or a vice.....vice makes fast work of them buggers

How about,,,
Thanks for the tip just might try it when I get my new shocks..
THanks Sand

I can't even get mine in with a vice... working on the left rear top bushing and can't get the lower bolt out (don't have a air wrench)... so I just compressed the shock, twisted it down to the ground, sprayed some silicon spray on it and put it in a vice...*&*^&%% still won't go in. ???? Need advice for getting that old bolt off with either a socket or locking wrench... or... advice for getting the new bushing in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom