Marshal - "Five Star” In Making (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting. Got pics of the wipers or the holes where they were?

Jeff, mine was missing original wiper motors. They were mounted at exact same location as vacuum motors but had only 2 terminal posts and were connected to 2 separate wiper switches.

Sean's -
59-fj25-011-jpg.213800
59-fj25-006-jpg.213792

Steve's -
tnkwiper1-jpg.54002
rotw4-jpg.53717

got pics of the soft door chain. as you can see in the pics, one end was replaced with an aftermarket chunk of wire apparently. the chain needs to be inserted in the vinyl guard before crimping the end on as it is just a tad too large to fit through the vinylView attachment 1324380 View attachment 1324381 View attachment 1324382 View attachment 1324383

Tried 3 hardware places and this is the closest match I could find. Funny enough none of them could read your measuring instrument :bang:. :hillbilly::hillbilly::hillbilly::hillbilly::hillbilly:.

These are available only in galvanised mild steel but it is possible to source naked version if there is enough demand. S hook / Crimp ends are another story, none have them on shelves, in fact no one has seen one that small in that profile. Again it can be designed, I am emailing details to one shop to give me an estimate.

Ige @nuclearlemon, if you are happy with chain profile then they are yours for "NO COST" (For posting detailed measurements super quick) and if I can find S hook off the shelves or not costing arm & leg to get one made then you will find them attached to chains. Please confirm bolt size, which goes through the S hook.

See some pics and let me know if you can read NZ measuring instrument. :D

IMG_0758.JPG
IMG_0757.JPG
IMG_0761.JPG

Last edited:
no bolt. there's a deal under the dash and another on the door that the chain clips to
20160921_205217.jpg

no bolt. there's a deal under the dash and another on the door that the chain clips toView attachment 1325420

Yep, I got those tabs on my doors and under the dash, just got confused with one of the bolts sitting next to the chain in one of your earlier picture. Just to reconfirm the hook hanging in this last pictures is not the one we are looking for correct? Were original chains galvanized? if not will it be acceptable or we should definitely look for non galvanized version?

Ordered these in UAE through a friend, Toyota dealership had only one in stock so they placed in order for another one from Japan. They arrived here today and this is what I got :eek: - "Go figure!"

(Note P/N # is same but both stickers look different in terms of sharpness and where "Japan" is written and also on right bottom corner numbers are different 64R and 65H.)

IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0764.JPG

Last edited:
Ige @nuclearlemon, just remembered I need tailgate chains as well and since I am making rounds to hardware stores I might get them sorted as well. Would it be possible for you to provide me specs for them also?

If some one has an extra pair, please let me know.
finally remembered to rearrange garage so i could get the tailgate down ;)

20160925_191252.jpg
20160925_191325.jpg
20160925_191351.jpg
20160925_191355.jpg
20160925_191425.jpg

Would it be wrong to use 10mm brake hoses with an adapter to connect 9mm brake lines? I have got stock 9mm lines currently and going to definitely replace them for safety reasons. so I have a choice to upgrade to 10mm lines with new fittings or get new 9mm lines and use existing fittings and use OEM 10mm brake hoses with an adapter.

If those latches aren't original they sure are a slick setup. Does the shaft have threads on it so it draws tight when turned or does it just depend on the shape of the t-head in the slot?

If those latches aren't original they sure are a slick setup. Does the shaft have threads on it so it draws tight when turned or does it just depend on the shape of the t-head in the slot?

On a close inspection It's a little "L-Head" not "T", which makes it turn in either direction. Shaft has threads on it, although not sure if it has any effect on "L-Head" on turn. It does get little tighter when you turn it in either direction. You can see a nut just above the plate which can be adjusted for tightness or lock it completely.

Last edited:
Interesting. Thought it might have come from the BJ but that had latches. Maybe the FQ? The couple photos from the US trials don't show that detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom