Marshal - "Five Star” In Making (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was originally talking about the top frame pieces above and behind the door, but i need door frames also

I am going to redo my frames as well. I got them made earlier by Proffits Cruisers but they didn't have right bender to get correct radius. Well at-least I got pattern. do you know correct radius for corners? I am assuming they are same as passenger seat frame.
i'll check my notes tonight..somewhere i have the degree the radius should be

I was originally talking about the top frame pieces above and behind the door, but i need door frames also

Door surround channel pieces are the one I need as well and got one original piece from Henry (@west aussie) on loan, so I got a perfect pattern and now it all depends on fab shop. Hopefully it will be an exact replica.

I will investigate door frames but wondering if it will be worthwhile to get 1 or 2 set made, will inquire anyways.

Last edited:
Looking for ST door stop limiters or pattern and measurements.

upload_2016-9-16_12-32-17.png

Last edited:
So here we go, "Sheriff" had electric wipers from factory. There are 2 toggle switches on exact location what we have seen on Sean's and Steves. Looks like PO replaced OEM switches with toggle switches, wires can be seen running through the hose and metal bits and pieces boys pulled through. Metal pieces appears to be brass or bronze.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
got pics of the soft door chain. as you can see in the pics, one end was replaced with an aftermarket chunk of wire apparently. the chain needs to be inserted in the vinyl guard before crimping the end on as it is just a tad too large to fit through the vinyl
20160919_174817.jpg
20160919_174920.jpg
20160919_174945.jpg
20160919_175005.jpg

Last edited:
Archie, can you take a photo of those windshield dash clamps? Thanks, John

Yeah those are funky, back in 2005 I had a little chat with Jim (@Cruiser_Nerd) on them being a stock option or not. Nothing is clear in that regard till date, they seems to be well made which makes me think could be stock. Best part is super easy to operate.

There should really be no reason for PO to go through the trouble of getting them designed for (one-off ) and especially black then it was easy to find another pair of known stock dash clamps. I am not even sure if there was really any reason for them to be replaced, there is absolutely no rust anywhere on my cruiser, and doesn't look like if it was ever used in harsh conditions either.

Or could be Toyota specifically designed for US army where they needed to fold windshield down in a hurry and wanted something more convenient.

I have sourced known stock clamps from Jim which I will use in my build, only because we are not sure the one I have got are stock option or not.

I will take some detail pictures, next time I visit to FAB shop and post here.

Last edited:
While researching more on optional FJ25 electrical wipers, I noticed something common on Steve's, Sean's and mine FJ25 are, all three didn't come with apron vent. Does that suggest ours were not meant for harsh conditions (No oil bath air cleaners)?

59-fj25-002-jpg.213615
FJ25SB12.jpg
p1010737-jpg.960900

When I read apron, I thought cowl....:doh:

Definately a market thing , yours must be tropical where wipers need to perform and dust was not a problem?

When I read apron, I thought cowl....:doh:

Definately a market thing , yours must be tropical where wipers need to perform and dust was not a problem?

Let's call them luxury versions with some convenience upgrades, it makes me feel a little better.:flipoff2: And oh yes that explains my windshield latch system also. ;)

got pics of the soft door chain. as you can see in the pics, one end was replaced with an aftermarket chunk of wire apparently. the chain needs to be inserted in the vinyl guard before crimping the end on as it is just a tad too large to fit through the vinylView attachment 1324380 View attachment 1324381 View attachment 1324382 View attachment 1324383

Ige, is it not possible to sew vinyl covers from side on chains later. looks like it was done that way in the picture in post #55. or those are not correct covers?

So here we go, "Sheriff" had electric wipers from factory. There are 2 toggle switches on exact location what we have seen on Sean's and Steves. Looks like PO replaced OEM switches with toggle switches, wires can be seen running through the hose and metal bits and pieces boys pulled through. Metal pieces appears to be brass or bronze

Interesting. Got pics of the wipers or the holes where they were?

Ige, is it not possible to sew vinyl covers from side on chains later. looks like it was done that way in the picture in post #55. or those are not correct covers?
yes, you can do that too. those do look correct. they do match the one i have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom