Shackle advice plz (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are your thoughts on these shackles PO installed? Should I go back to stock or?

-thanks

shackle.JPG

shackle2.JPG

shackle3.JPG

What size tires are you running, Does it drive well?

It looks like your springs are flattened out and that's why the PO used those aftermarket shackles to raise the rear. Personally I recommend OME Old Man Emu springs and shackles with 2.5 inch lift for 31" to 33" tires. I used this setup on my 40, here's a pic
full

I am not a big fan of tall shackles anyway. But just going with any new springs and a set of stock shackles will improve the ride and drivability of your rig. The OME are my first choice too but, any will be an improvement.

Longer shackles work well with lift springs. Lift springs have more arch which means they are longer and benefit from a longer shackle to allow the spring to compress. A set of longer shackles on any spring will also buy you lift but may mess up your caster and or pinion angle. You have spring shims in the front of your 40, probably to gain back caster. If it drives ok and you are happy with it, it's fine. If you want to upgrade, a set of dakar - old man emu springs are nice, as mentioned above.

What are your thoughts on these shackles PO installed? Should I go back to stock or?

-thanks

Those homemade 1/8" channel steel or any good aftermarket 3 1/2" shackle (about an inch longer than stock) ?
Answer: get those things off of your truck. They're probably twisting on the street in corners and are likely to fail you soon after you start taking it off road.

Those are junk, IMO, and could be dangerous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom