SFLC 2014 Wintery Mix (5-7 December) at Uwharrie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Website
www.lubedealer.com
It is time for our annual run to Uwharrie before it closes for winter. Traditionally we have conducted this run in coordination with the ONSC (Olde North State Cruisers) as they have their Christmas Run and Dinner that same weekend at THE BARN.

This is our annual WINTERY MIX trail ride.....at Uwharrie Forest OHV area.

We usually go up on Friday as always...camp at the Badin Group Camp and wheel with the group from ONSC on Saturday.

Friday is usually dinner on your own though one year I made venison hamburger helper....well with some wood mixed in by our resident lumberjacks. LOL

Trail rides on Saturday with Breakfast and Lunch on own...

Dinner that evening is hosted by ONSC at the Monk Family Barn...or in campground depending on availability of Monk family.

Sunday some run trails...some drive home.

I have rented Badin Group Camp "C" for anyone that wants to go up and camp with me...the campsite will hold 10 vehicles and up to 50 persons. Hot water showers, toilets, etc....hand pumped potable water available, etc.

Plans:

I plan on getting there after lunch on Friday,5 Dec...close to 2-3pm at latest to set up camp, relax, and help anyone that is at Eldorado Outpost find way to camp. I can get text messages but not calls at campsite...so text me (will give number if want) and will come and get you plus will make a run at dark for any stragglers. Recommend you buy your trail pass this day for Saturday...or however many days you are riding trails...be sure to check they put Saturday and don't think you are riding Friday unless you ask for it.

Saturday- Hit a couple trails in morning and again in afternoon. Easy trails first and then if anyone wants can do DANIEL (Hardest Trail) in afternoon. Lunch can either be at TrailHead or back at Eldorado Outpost...they have little buffet in there with chicken, sandwiches, burgers, etc and about anything you could want.

Sunday- Usually air up, gas up, and return home...but some that are local run a short trail that morning.

Things to bring: firewood if you have it, bags for your trash, way to cook and clean up for yourself or prepare to buy and eat at Outposte aach meal. I will likely have big pot of venison chili Friday night for anyone that stops by...or until it is fully consumed. :)

Be sure to inspect your vehicle for fluids, tire pressures, hand brake, coolant and anything else that you might find....at the top of Dickie Bell or Daniel is not the time to remember you are low on PS fluid or your brakes don't work. It is public trail so you are riding at your own risk.
:steer:

Map of Uwharrie Trails

Eldorado Outpost for Trail Pass, Food, Firewood, Gas, etc

Camping Locations I have stayed in Arrowhead and Badin Group Camp...both have restrooms, showers, etc. I recommend you stay with our group for ease of finding your way around the area and all getting out to run trails together at decent time.....so I will reserve a group campsite for all of us to share....

Recreation.Gov for reserving camping sites at public facilities...create an account. We are going to get the Group Camp Site....I will post which we have before the event and everyone can pitch in to cover cost once there. I will go to Eldorado Outpost two or three times Friday evening to pick up people that cant find the campsite to lead them in as needed. Cell service at camp location is sketchy.

Have fun....

408304880.jpg

408304884.jpg

408304876.jpg

396750550.jpg

I am planning on coming trying to see if a friend of mine will come. We would probably camp Friday night and I would still probably leave saturday evening like I have done the last two years

I thought I had made a thread to link our thread to a few weeks back but looks like I never hit post.

For the Saturday dinner please let us know in this thread

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/december-trip-xmas-party-workday.822460/

if you are coming and with how many so we make sure we get enough turkey and ham for everyone. Also please sign up to bring something to the potluck (ONSC provides the main part of the meal and then everyone brings something to add)

We are also having the dirty santa gift exchange like always so think about joining for that if wanted.

Saturday morning the bulk of us will be doing trail maintenance so let us know if you want to join, if not wave as you drive by, we aren't expecting another club to help us with that one so no worries if you can't do that.

We will be looking forward to seeing you guys again. :)

I will go to Eldorado Outpost two or three times Friday evening to pick up people that cant find the campsite to lead them in as needed. Cell service at camp location is sketchy.

Actually, you may finally be relieved of this duty! We were at Uwharrie on Tuesday and I had 4 bars on Dickey Bell the whole time. I have Verizon service and it was fine.

Just a note, some personal issues have come up and I will not be coming up Friday night. I was 100% sure of attendance, but am now 50:50 for the weekend at best. The :princess: has still given me the go-ahead, but that could change quickly if a medical situation on her side of the family doesn't improve. As of right now, I'm still planning on coming up Saturday morning and will arrive NLT 0900.

I may come to camp out with the kids. We are supposed to do a reindeer run that weekend, but does it look like I run to you?

I may come to camp out with the kids. We are supposed to do a reindeer run that weekend, but does it look like I run to you?

Oh man, were they asking questions on Tuesday! I think the thought crossed @FJinTegaCay 's mind that I stole your truck! There was a look of disbelief on everyone's face when I told them that you are currently cruiser less.

So Lets get a list of who is attending...I have already paid for the camp site but need to make sure I know who to expect before I go out on rescue mission as you are lost trying to find way around Badin Lake in the dark with no cell service. LOL

BBQBoy- maybe
Clayton- yes, leave Saturday
ChsG8tr- yes but not sure if Friday or Saturday only
??

For sure, I'll be heading up on Saturday morning. Can't make it Friday night unfortunately… Maybe you could save the venison chili for Saturday night? :) I will leave very early. Like REALLY early. Will you have CB's or FRS radios?

I might buy a Jeep Unlimited. Will I be able to attend?

Oh man, were they asking questions on Tuesday! I think the thought crossed @FJinTegaCay 's mind that I stole your truck! There was a look of disbelief on everyone's face when I told them that you are currently cruiser less.
Say what?

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend. The baby is causing major havoc in our household.... :( Sigh. its 6:45am, and I've already been up for 4 hours. work is going to be fun today....

Say what?

Yep! Several folks recognized the truck at Uwharrie and wondered where you were. This thing turns heads everywhere I go - at work folks stop me in the parking lot and inquire about it on a weekly basis! It's a comfortable DD, capable offroad vehicle, and it looks dang good. Michael, this thing is pure awesome.

As for the Jeep Unlimited, I've already been down the Jeep path and it's not one that I would return to. I won't judge you for doing so because there are so many compelling reasons to buy one! Regardless of my thoughts, I would enjoy wheeling with you whatever you decide to drive. Maybe you can show me how to use this winch when I need to pull you out or something?

Yep, the Hundy is a great truck and extremely capable on and off road/ As far as the Jeep, it would serve a few purposes. One, a fun truck for the family. We love convertibles. I considered another 40, but I don't feel comfortable hauling my children it it with its seating arrangements. Second, it's probably the best vehicle to be pulled behind my RV.

Your concern about the 40 is legit. It's how I ended up buying my 40. I don't have kids and my wife won't allow me to take our dogs on the trails… So no need for jump seats. Anyhow, if you're going to buy a Jeep, could you at least keep your avatar? :princess:

Lol. Nah, that will the door open to too many jokes

For sure, I'll be heading up on Saturday morning. Can't make it Friday night unfortunately… Maybe you could save the venison chili for Saturday night? :) I will leave very early. Like REALLY early. Will you have CB's or FRS radios?
I will have my FRS as always....if coming up Saturday...best to just hang out at Outpost and wait for Land Cruisers to show up....

Yep, the Hundy is a great truck and extremely capable on and off road/ As far as the Jeep, it would serve a few purposes. One, a fun truck for the family. We love convertibles. I considered another 40, but I don't feel comfortable hauling my children it it with its seating arrangements. Second, it's probably the best vehicle to be pulled behind my RV.
might as well buy a Kia Sportage or a Volkwagon Bug to pull behind the RV just make sure the color matches your bermuda shorts,
black socks and sandals all the old fogies wear! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom