September Ride - Hawk Pride, Sept 23-25? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fawk, that looks like a blast. I'm so bummed I couldn't make it.

My weekend in a nutshell: 2001 J30A1 swap into a 1999 3.0CL. Same long-block, but that's about it. I didn't tear the car apart so, it was quite the aggravating puzzle. I was trying to make it out for at least Sunday's wheeling activities. Ended up falling asleep under the car at 5:30AM on Sunday. Headache after headache, cars finished, I have a new hate for Hondas but I have business partner now. SO... The 80 will receive some much needed financial pampering very soon.

Sunday Wheeling rarely happens so if you miss Saturday you're pretty much screwed.

Pretty sure we've got @tgreco convinced he need bigger tars, a roll cage and another t-case but he may need some prodding still. His truck is always popular wherever we go though, he had some thick chick country girl all over it on Saturday.

Dave sent me some pics and being the good boy that he is they're mainly of my truck. :flipoff2:

Sidney going up right side of Broke Foot
IMG_4135.JPG

IMG_4134.JPG

me going up left side of Broke Foot, I LOVE my triple cases.
IMG_4140.JPG

IMG_4147.JPG

IMG_4148.JPG

Last edited:
Sunday Wheeling rarely happens so if you miss Saturday you're pretty much screwed.

Pretty sure we've got @tgreco convinced he need bigger tars, a roll cage and another t-case but he may need some prodding still. His truck is always popular wherever we go though, he had some thick chick country girl all over it on Saturday.

Apparently, the number of t-cases you have in your truck is inversely proportional to the number of females fighting for the passenger seat :moon:. Not sure on the tires or t-case, but sure as hell doing the roll cage and propane. And just because I hate taking advise, it's going to be the internal variety :flipoff2:.

Those trails don't look Wagon Friendly. Looks like a great park though.
:beer:

Those trails don't look Wagon Friendly. Looks like a great park though.
:beer:

No, they're not but we weren't looking for wagon trails.

I'd call it a good compromise between Golden Mountain and Windrock. There are enough hard core trails for the bigger tire guys to have fun and yet they're still close enough to camp so that night riding is easy and wounded vehicles can be taken care of reasonably. The wagon guys wont have the inventory that Windrock offers but still there are enough trails to keep them entertained for a long weekend.

A lot of the trails we saw were really overgrown and didn't appear to have received a lot of traffic over the summer but I blame that on the heat this year. The accommodations were on par for many of the other parks, had cabins, showers, bath house etc... better than Chocco for instance but not as good as Windrock's.

The park is also close enough to town to make eating out easy if yo dont want to screw with cooking. Friday night we hit a Mexican food joint within abut 10 mins of camp and it looked like there were auto parts stores within a reasonable driving distance.

I'd go back for sure but probably only once a year as it's just too damned far to hit regularly.

Last edited:
MARDI KRAWL needs to be on yo list @TeddyBoy . You will have a good darn time.

you're right and now that I know the park a little I'm more motivated. I just wish it weren't so close to GSMTR, given my luck I'd break the shiite outta my truck and have nothing to ride.

I'm a little tardy on posting this pic of our Saturday afternoon entertainment

0924161733_HDR.jpg

When Al and I were at the kids' table, we came across this guy.
Being the nice guy that I am, I pulled his Wrangler out.

0924161119_HDR.jpg

0924161119a_HDR.jpg

Fawk, that looks like a blast. I'm so bummed I couldn't make it.

My weekend in a nutshell: 2001 J30A1 swap into a 1999 3.0CL. Same long-block, but that's about it. I didn't tear the car apart so, it was quite the aggravating puzzle. I was trying to make it out for at least Sunday's wheeling activities. Ended up falling asleep under the car at 5:30AM on Sunday. Headache after headache, cars finished, I have a new hate for Hondas but I have business partner now. SO... The 80 will receive some much needed financial pampering very soon.

I have a hate for anything wrong wheel drive, i.e. transverse mounted engines. I feel your pain.

@Ryno5150 any ninja shots of the passenger? :poof:

I also didn't know rebuilding a knuckle was a spectator sport. I got 2 that need doing, maybe I should sell tickets.

@Ryno5150I also didn't know rebuilding a knuckle was a spectator sport. I got 2 that need doing, maybe I should sell tickets.
I assisted in removing and replacing about seven of them on Rubicon two weeks ago (on the same truck). Come on out to WA and I can have 'em done before you finish a six pack! I'm about to swap mine over to the FROR keyed style here in a few weeks too.

When Al and I were at the kids' table, we came across this guy.
Being the nice guy that I am, I pulled his Wrangler out.
Why on earth would you pull a Jeep out of it's happy place??? Was he mad that you removed his rig from where he obviously wanted it to be? haha

@Ryno5150 I wish I could say It was all said and done with. The engine my partner brought me, ended up have 0 compression on cyl 4. Luckily I narrowed it down to a burnt valve most likely. Pulling the head and replacing tomorrow. I also have to toss the engine and transaxle back in my Mothers 2002 Chrysler Town & Country next week, as well as replace a trans on a 01 Highlander. Both FWD:/

@Ryno5150 any ninja shots of the passenger? :poof:

Not quite good enough for making sure I took a few photos but definitely good after being around dudes camping

Why on earth would you pull a Jeep out of it's happy place??? Was he mad that you removed his rig from where he obviously wanted it to be? haha
Apparently the Jeep did all it could to stay there including breaking the winch cable before I arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom