Sept 2016 4x4 Labs bumper group buy (1 Viewer)

Are you in for discounted group shipping your kit to Mesa, AZ right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dec UPDATE: SEPT 2016 GROUP BUY IS CLOSED - PLEASE START A NEW THREAD FOR ANOTHER GROUP BUY.

Here's the deal - this group buy closes in a few weeks.
Online order here: 4X4LABS
Update: I discovered the pricing is not showing correctly on some configurations. I let 4x4labs know & they are working the issues. Luke will be chiming in below to let us know when those issues are resolved. The differences were glaring, so it will be obvious (example: a "kit" priced out the same as a "built" unit, or it showed not available - everything is available).

Discount Codes (no longer valid):
mudGBkit for 15% off bumper kits
mudGBbuilt for 10% off built bumpers

Bumper Kits are ready to ship. Pay when you order.

Built units have 4 week lead time before shipping. Add another week for powdercoat. He needs a $750 deposit to get started, pay rest when ready to ship.

Shipping prices on the website is to commercial addresses - will cost more to deliver to a house.

"Split the cost" group shipping on kits is a go. For Phoenix area, these will be shipped to Tool-R-US in Mesa for everyone to pickup. PM me if your ready to go on this, I will wait till Monday to order and hopefully ship by end of next week.

What else... Oh yeah, if your local to them, they can also install. Factor in the info above for timeline.

Flares vs. No Flares - here's the skinny:
- "Flares" have a notch in the bumper (by the flare). Get this if you love your flares and will replace them when they get torn off.
- "No Flares" are straight across. Get this if you have been disheartened by too many flare repairs and succumbed to the deinstall - OR - if your cool with cutting your flare about an inch to make room for the bumper to go straight across. This way, you have the future option of removal and not a weird cutout in the bumper that no longer serves a purpose (unless you like that look).

- Convoy -

Last edited:
Are these codes good for all products on the website or just bumpers?

Here's a link to a previous group buy pics in the first post:
**CLOSED**4X4 LABS Tax Season Group Buy ends 5/9

Here's the interested parties from the previous post:

@Convoy (+ group shipping on a kit to Mesa)
@lumbee1
@cybrstar
@shibubba
@CascadeCruisen
@aggiepaintrain
@Sambosuda
@john schneitman
@Noahrob
@Azca
@DanMedeiros (Local in Cali - Might want installed)
@leonard_nemoy
@Mark3406e (+ group shipping on a kit to Mesa)
@tarbe
@Mdej3

Ok, this makes 15, with a few more appearing to be on the fence. I'd say we are a go since we got the minimum of 10. More can jump in until the title is updated to "closed".

Luke says you can start ordering with the discount codes above. Call him at 530.477.0140 with any additional questions or issues ordering. He said his website is a little glitchy lately due to some recent updates. Post what you learn below and I will add it in here.
PM me or vote above if your in on the group shipping to Mesa, AZ.

Last edited:
Any special jigs or such needed to weld up this bumper?

Shipping is killing me. I would like to have it delivered to my company in Morrisville, NC. Freight should be cheaper than residential but the price was the same using both addresses.

Shipping is killing me. I would like to have it delivered to my company in Morrisville, NC. Freight should be cheaper than residential but the price was the same using both addresses.
Sent you a PM

Looks very straight-forward.

And you know I'm in because the first thing my wife asked, after I told her about the group buy, was "when does it end"?

No wife asks that, if the answer is already no! :)

... For Phoenix area, these will be shipped to Tool-R-US in Mesa for everyone to pickup. ...

Was someone planning to let him know?:hillbilly:

Does a discount apply for sliders? Im local so it would be cool if they do. So ready for sliders. Alright alright alright.

Was someone planning to let him know?:hillbilly:
SURPRISE!

On the bright side, I have just discovered this week that Tools R Us exists, and this gives me a reason to check it out when I come pickup my stuff...

For realz tho - this whole thing is moving super fast, I doubt Luke has had time to give you a heads up.

Looks very straight-forward.

And you know I'm in because the first thing my wife asked, after I told her about the group buy, was "when does it end"?

No wife asks that, if the answer is already no! :)

Cool, added to the list - 2nd post.

Hi guys, just tried to sign up. There was no option to pickup locally. Their system also wanted me to pay the full amount and added an extra $150 for shipping. Given that I'm going to pick it up in person I'd prefer to not have this hit my card all at once. Should I just try and reach Luke at the shop?

Bummer, no shipping option in either kit or built to Alaska.
Give Luke a call @ 530.477.0140
Hi guys, just tried to sign up. There was no option to pickup locally. Their system also wanted me to pay the full amount and added an extra $150 for shipping. Given that I'm going to pick it up in person I'd prefer to not have this hit my card all at once. Should I just try and reach Luke at the shop?
Yes, give him a call. He said he can process phone orders for shipping deals. I'd venture to say "free" is a deal...

I had him ship mine to a freight terminal where I had to go pick it up. That last leg from the terminal to your house/work is the most expensive part. Skipping that part saved a lot. The guys at the terminal used a forklift to help me load it into my truck - which was nice.

hi guys,
Thanks to Convoy first of all for putting another GB together. Just want to clarify a few things and address some limitations of my web store. It's fairly new and I haven't figured out all the ways to get what I want out of it yet.
Shipping is calculated from your region. I can ship to a residential address but it becomes more expensive. The shipping rates you see are for a commercial address only. My store software doesn't determine if it's resi or commercial so just assume it is to a commercial address or there are extra fees that I will have to calculate on a case by case basis if you really want it delivered to your house.
I haven't found a good way to offer a no-shipping checkout option on the store yet. If you wish to pick up locally or have it installed just call with a phone order and I'll process it separately and make an appointment for installation.
The discount codes are for all the products but I figured it was mostly bumpers so if you want sliders or cargo racks or something go ahead and enter those codes and the discount will apply. Be sure to enter the correct one for built or DIY kit.
Convoy mentioned the deposit for built bumpers was $500, it is $750. If you order on the web store it will charge you the full amount. Again this is a limitation of the store software and I haven't found a way to hack that yet so give me a phone call if you want to just pay the deposit to get the order started. Of course I won't complain if you just want to pay all it up front.
I'm out of town today on a motorcycle ride rescuing a good customer stranded in Death Valley so don't expect me to answer the phone today but I will be getting messages on the road and will be back Monday for normal business. Feel free to email or call with any questions.
luke@4x4labs.com, shop# 530.477.0140
cheers guys,
-luke@4x4labs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom