seat wiring diagram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a seat wiring diagram. I am trying to install some Saab seats in my 97' 80 and can't seem to dig up the wiring diagram to mesh the harnesses.

Thanks

Search "heated seats"

Will this work?

Power seat1.jpg

Power seat2.jpg
Power seat1.jpg
Power seat2.jpg

Wiring diagram

Here is a wiring diagram I made to show how the seat heaters connect to the seats in my 95. I've shown the wire colors for the wires that run into the BC1 and BC2 connectors that connect the seats to the wiring harness in the floor. This might help you.

Attachments

• Seat heater schematic v2.pdf
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,008
This is great Chris, thanks.

My 80 has original seat heating but the switches in the center console are done for. I'm replacing the originals with some simple on/off switches so I only want to chose from none or HI heating.

I dont read many wiring diagrams but if I understand this correctly i need to supply the seat connecter to the seats under the center console with Gnd to white/black and 12+ to blue/orange?

First post btw. Hello!

Many thanks
Joakim

Joakim

If you have OEM seat heaters and switch but you want to move to just an on/off (on being HI setting) switch, you need to do two things:

1) Put 12VDC through your new switch into the BLUE-YELLOW wire
2) Connect the BLUE-ORANGE wire to ground/earth.

If you power the BLUE-ORANGE with 12VDC, you will get the LO setting

I am attaching the FSM wiring diagram here

Good luck

Attachments

• 120.1 - 120.2 seatheat - from ih8mud forum.pdf
    26.8 KB · Views: 297
Ugh I got that all wrong. Many thanks. Are the passengers side wires colorcoded with the same colors?

For passenger side:
1) 12VDC into the black wire
2) Connect the yellow wire to ground/earth

Good luck!

Finally got around to have a look at this.

I don't see any yellow/blue or black wires.

Can't I just short the wires that go to the old switches somehow?

They both have
Blue/orange
White/black
Black/white
Blue/black
Green
Blue/white

Many thanks

image.jpeg

image.jpg

Has anyone put electric power front seats in an 80 series?

I have a 1992 fj80 and want to put leather seats from a 1996 100 series in it. Does the fj80 have the wiring harness for the seats in it or will I have to rig up a wiring harness? Any guidance on how to do this would be fantastic.

Has anyone put electric power front seats in an 80 series?

I have a 1992 fj80 and want to put leather seats from a 1996 100 series in it. Does the fj80 have the wiring harness for the seats in it or will I have to rig up a wiring harness? Any guidance on how to do this would be fantastic.
You would have to fabricate the wiring. 91/92 FJ80s did not get power seats.

Does anyone have specifications or directions for an uninformed person in fabricating the wiring harness for the 92 fj80?

I am also interested in how to fabricate the seat bracket floor mount to fit the 100 series seat bracket to the 92 series bolt pattern? The floor holes in the 92 are not as wide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom