Seat belt refurbish (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

June, I'm sorry if I offended you...It was intended as sarcasm/humor. Even gave you the newbie salute...believe me, I'm the KING of dumb questions. My appologies...

Kurtnkegger No worries. I took it as a joke. In the future feel free to make jokes at my expense - I'm good with it. :cheers:

Alex e - if your serious let me know, otherwise I'll look around here.

These things look simple. A small box with a spring retraction. The only unknown is how the belt hooks to the roller. The other end has a loop end to bolt on. Seems like a trip to the junk yard to find the same length and width. Can anyone explain how the belt hooks to the reel?

Regardless of the method of attachment to the retracting mechanism, once you take it apart the difficulty lies in winding said mechanism up against it its spring and THEN attaching the webbing so that it retracts completely. Think about the last time you fixed a spun window shade. Fun.

I've washed belts before. Came out fine.

There are a few places out there that offer rewebbing services. Here's one:

Ssnake Oyl Products

I purchased a set from Cruiser Corps. They are nice, but not factory correct by any means..

In hindsight I should of waited and founds some factory Toyota units, they are not the correct color and they will need to be modified to fit.

My own fault for not looking into them closer.. I will do a write up while I restore my 1983 BJ42..

Many moons ago I started up Radd Cruisers and have since sold it, so I do know cruisers and have restored my share of them.:D

Rob

Buy the webbing and find a local upholstery shop they can sew them up in Less than 5 min.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom