Seat belt refurbish (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would not waste my time (or trust my life) on 30 year old seatbelt webbing...either buy new or have them re-webbed.

What other vehicles could you take seat belts from and install in a LC? 3 point. Mine are way gone (I used duct tape to make it a little less obvious). I would prefer not to spend the money on aftermarket new ones. Any ideas?

These things look simple. A small box with a spring retraction. The only unknown is how the belt hooks to the roller. The other end has a loop end to bolt on. Seems like a trip to the junk yard to find the same length and width. Can anyone explain how the belt hooks to the reel?

No pics. Slot in real. Piece of plastic through folded over & stitched loop at end of webbing. As best I recall at least.

my belts were not worn but filthy from truck sitting for 10years so i pulled them all and let sit in a bucket of oxy clean over night made them look brand new now the covers look worse than the belts. i did the same thing on my other project but ended up soaking the belts in a bucket with clothing dye after and they turned out great

I dont know if this is what your'e after, but , I picked up some original toyota belts for my cruiser. It was almost impossible to adjust them. I don't where I heard this ,but if you wipe waxed paper over the nylon belt it frees them up like brand new. I tried this and was amazed how well it works!:cheers:

What other vehicles could you take seat belts from and install in a LC? 3 point. Mine are way gone (I used duct tape to make it a little less obvious). I would prefer not to spend the money on aftermarket new ones. Any ideas?

Why waste your money and jeapordize your safety with aftermarket belts, when you have a perfectly good roll of duct tape? :flipoff2:

kurtnkegger I Know, I'm a dumb ass... In more ways than one. I didn't understand what webbing was, now I do.... I'll do that.
Duct Tape fixes everything though, right?!

I'll quite asking questions before I know what I'm asking. :eek:

Hey, any question is a good one, if you dont know, you dont know, and how else are you going to learn, every person on this site, started out not knowing anything, I still know nothing, ask away, dont let smart alecs make you feel bad. And to answer your question, just go to a pick and pull, and grab some belts, get black or grey, a 4runner would be a great option, I grabbed some volvo seats that had the belts built in. super easy.

Another thing, my replacement seats(out of a 2002 monte carlo) have a belt latch attached and of coarse won't accept the cruiser belt clip. They are removable so I can just use the stock latch but something to beware of when you go to PicknPull, take the cruiser belt latch with you.

I hate sometimes that things don't come across the way I meant them when I post. I really didn't take offense at the comment (but I appreciate the kind words). I can be a dumb ass, and I should have looked up webbing. I'm usually better about looking things up before I pop off. I'm blushing because of my own laziness. :)

I think I'm gonna try and find webbing locally and change it out. I haven't been off road in about 9 years, and I haven't been driving it much so I'm not too worried about my duct tape 'fix', but I really don't want a ticket for it. If I can't find webbing, then I'll go to the junk yard (and take my harware with me) to find others that will work. Thanks for the tips. And thanks for starting this thread... I've learned something new.

I have a set if you want em - just pay for shipping and I'll send them your way.........

I have heard the early 80's toyota mini trucks work well if you can find them in the junkyard as well.

Alex e if that offer was meant for me I would gladly take those seat belts, but considering I hi- jacked FJforty's thread I think he should be first.

If you do send 'em my way I'm canning jam and jelly today and I'd be happy to send some home made yummies your way. :) I have strawberry from last year (haven't made it yet this year) and I'm making raspberry and blackberry today...

Not meaning to sound self-serving, but the belts are your last line of defense in an accident. If all else fails, the belts keep you planted in your seat. I'm all for thrift, but there are SOME things we shouldn't skimp on. Please get yourself some new belts. It's a sound investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom