Scoping out a new project, questions..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

****, mine pops out of first gear about twice a week, and feels like I'm shifting a box full of gravel. But it's at least quiet.

Getting worse I see. Have you cleared 300k yet?

Yup, hoping warmer weather helps it out.

She's about to roll 303k

Joe I have some of those marlin shifter bushings if you want to toss those in, that supposedly helps with popping out. I would start to source a trans since they are hard to find and junkyards want crazy money for them. That way the one that's in there won't take a s*** on you!

How much of the noise donyou think is coming from the tcase?

I have a set sitting in the garage somewhere too. was gonna put them in the Taco, but never got around to it. Joe probably needs to do two sets a year anyways with the miles he drives.

Joe I have some of those marlin shifter bushings if you want to toss those in, that supposedly helps with popping out. I would start to source a trans since they are hard to find and junkyards want crazy money for them. That way the one that's in there won't take a **** on you!

How much of the noise donyou think is coming from the tcase?

I've started looking, just in case it does indeed grenade, and ordered a set of bushings. I just

T-case rear output is definitely howling, I pulled the drive shaft and got over a quarter turn out of the nut, and it was still staked. It's constant with road speed, regardless of gear or hi/low. But, at over 300k, I can't complain.

My t/case was always noisyshen wheeling in low range. Never got to drive it in high range to see...but soon that will all change.
Hope its not got problems

I would not even worry about the gear drive cases. My dual and lefty make all kinds of gear noise and chatter, toyota actually made an anti chatter sprocket looking thing that went on the main gear of the tcase supposedly that quieted down the gear noise.

Yeah, every gear drive unit I've had has made some kinda noise. I don't mind some gear noise. So long as its not louder than the stereo!

All gear boxes are loud in low.

My t/case was always noisyshen wheeling in low range. Never got to drive it in high range to see...but soon that will all change.
Hope its not got problems

It's just the rear output, bearing seems whooped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom