Scoping out a new project, questions..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The stack of wheelbarrows

LOL why have 2 wheelbarrows when 16 and a bobcat will do?!?!?

Have to sdmit the wheelbarrows had caught my eye, and was wandering why so many.

Awesome! Keep it light enough and you could flat tow it with the taco.

Irony:
A guy I work with here in indy just asked me come by and look at his early CJ2A resto he just started (actually an MB tub with the tailgate cut in at the factory).
From his family- minor tub rust (no salt, just .5 century of mud), and abused by his grandfather for hauling wood.
I'm sure he would be interested in any of the cosmetic bits you won't need, and in particular the seats.

Flat tow has been good to me!

BTW: I have a set of 60 axles, that will likely not be used anytime soon.
They are currently consuming some much needed space.

OOOOoooo price?

How is $300? They are complete, but rusty and will need to be gone through.
I'll throw in a set of 60 Hi-Steer arms set up for heims. (came free to me from Gumby)

**Edit
Just PM me your thoughts.. I can probably come up with a steering box to go with them.

Last edited:
AHHHHHH, WTF? Ive needed a fj60 front for quite some time... how did we miss each other on this?? :(

I have a pair of CJ2A seats that I want to get rid of. The frames are great, the cushions are decent. I have some other stuff for old Jeeps, too.

Irony:
A guy I work with here in indy just asked me come by and look at his early CJ2A resto he just started (actually an MB tub with the tailgate cut in at the factory).
From his family- minor tub rust (no salt, just .5 century of mud), and abused by his grandfather for hauling wood.
I'm sure he would be interested in any of the cosmetic bits you won't need, and in particular the seats.

Crud john, I had no idea....I thought you were undecided.
You've seen my garage...if you need something its probably buried in there somewhere.

On the jeep stuff, just pm me pics and prices. I'll pass it along.

John - those 60 axles are yours, however i may pick up the third out of the rear axle if your not going to keep it. Realistically axles are one of the last things to consider, however i may snag that fj60 steering box as the stock steering on these jeeps are a nightmare. Plus 40 axles would be a bit more fitting, i like the narrow look of the old flattys.

John - those 60 axles are yours, however i may pick up the third out of the rear axle if your not going to keep it. Realistically axles are one of the last things to consider, however i may snag that fj60 steering box as the stock steering on these jeeps are a nightmare. Plus 40 axles would be a bit more fitting, i like the narrow look of the old flattys.

Im the dummy who missed them, if you want them go nuts!

Should be easy to find 40 axles, I have a 40 front housing you can have.

well whichever one of you wants them they're up for grabs.they are definitely in my way so don't be afraid offer something.
I also have an IFS box if that fits the Jeep size better.
Ill be home tonight and tomorrow.
I'm going to head back to Indy early Sunday.

well whichever one of you wants them they're up for grabs.they are definitely in my way so don't be afraid offer something.
I also have an IFS box if that fits the Jeep size better.
Ill be home tonight and tomorrow.
I'm going to head back to Indy early Sunday.

I'm interested in the stuff, however the earliest i can swing the cash and pick it up is after the holidays. My taco gave me a nice Christmas present by blowing up the 1st gear syncro, so i have to pick up a rebuild kit and learn how to rebuild the trans this spring.

Yea but they have manly transmissions designed to operate without on, this r150 is pretty high on the beeotch list. Its popping out of 1st when you let the clutch out from a stop, if your moving and drop it into 1st, it stays in gear. Starting in second and downshifting is getting old, or downshifting into 1st and sitting at a light/in traffic with the clutch in sucks as well. Ive tried all the trouble shooting and fixes i can do without exploratory surgery, and no luck in fixing this thing. So looks like i got to tear it apart, and might as well rebuild it while its open so i can get another 200k out of it.

Get ready for the taco parts fire sale around April....

I'm interested in the stuff, however the earliest i can swing the cash and pick it up is after the holidays. My taco gave me a nice Christmas present by blowing up the 1st gear syncro, so i have to pick up a rebuild kit and learn how to rebuild the trans this spring.

Then you should make it to the 2015 tech day because we are doing a trans rebuild (not that it is the same trans... But still...)

Not positive so draw your own conclusions....but

It sounds like the 1-2 shift fork may be busted. Without synchros downshifting into first would likely sound quite "bad". With the ring broken around the fork, it will not always go all the way into first. AFIK the 151s have the same fork design, and act like you describe when broken.

The fork is aluminum, but the chunks are way too big to be floating around a trans for long.

*****Edit
Payment plans are acceptable if you are planning/need to build before spring. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom