Scion t1819 BT HU (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

connection

Rockjok, Is the lower right connector to your bazooka speaker?
t1819.jpg

Also found this gem....

T1819 radio connectors:
10pin connector:
1 -> front right +
2 -> front left +
3 -> ACC ignition +12V
4 -> battery +12V
5 -> front right -
6 -> front left -
7 -> ground
8 -> (antenna amplifier + output) now on antenna connector, you have to splice in here
9 -> amplifier control + output
10 -> illumination + input

6pin connector:
1 -> rear right +
2 -> rear left +
3 -> rear right -
4 -> telefone mute input, connect to ground to mute radio
5 -> illumination - input, connect to ground if not connected to rheostat (instument illumination dimmer)
6 -> rear left -

12pin connector CD changer, SAT, ...:
1 -> audio signal shield (ground) for pin2+3+4+5
2 -> audio R+ in
3 -> audio R- in
4 -> audio L+ in
5 -> audio L- in
6 -> mute in
7 -> ground
8 -> not used, unknown
9 -> AVC-LAN TX+
10 -> AVC-LAN TX-
11 -> ACC ignition +12V (I think it is an output, not 100% sure)
12 -> battery +12V (I think it is an output, not 100% sure)

USB connector:
-> on T1814 and T1815 it is a JAE MX39004NQ1 connector (USB type A receptacle style)
-> you have to use a Toyota factory cable assembly or solder an USB cable directly on the connector pins
-> on T1819, I think it is a JAE MX39006NQ1 (not sure) connector (USB type B plug style)
-> factory cable will not fit, use PT546-00120-US or solder an USB cable directly on the connector pins, don't have another Toyota part number

Antenna connector:
-> new style (similar to FAKRA connectors), dual antenna input, antenna amplifier + output (splice in 10pin connector pin8 or use adapter harness PT546-00120-AD)

28pin connector, replaces 20pin + 8pin connector on T1819:
1...28 -> to be figured out

2 RCA connectors:
-> pre-amp output for subwoofer, monoaural, L+R have the same signal, no fader/balance, master volume works, subwoofer level adjustable

2fpower Glad to hear you got the USB hookup - certainly the wisest wallet manner to do it.
I am still trying to get the AUX input connected to the HU - Cruiserbrett - any advice.
Cheers
RA

Rockjok, Is the lower right connector to your bazooka speaker?

If I remember correctly my bazooka tube harness plugs directly into the connector on the left. Its an extension

The Prius have the mic and amp built in the overhead light console very easy to disconnect and splice and place accordingly.

I guess I didnt look hard enough! Looking at a few on ebay(some light assemblies), I dont see the same PCB and wiring that are pictured in this thread. Wonder if there are different versions?

Found this option.... Tundra USB/Stereo port part number 86190-0C020

All the newer vehicles have a port like that. The problem is that the cable that attaches it to the radio is part of a big $$ harness.

Take a look at the link above, and how the OP made it work.

Hikeit sayed this in regard to connecting to the radio.

I did not need an amplifier for the mic, it plugged right in to the adapter.
For the usb i used parts from a prius usb adapter kit combined with the pt546-00120-us... But i haven't found that kit again since.
I think if i did it again i would skip the pricey custom prius cable, cut one end off the pt546-00120-us, and solder a female usb cable onto it, just shove it into the glove box (thats basically what i did with the 1815)

I am looking at mine, and it looks like the plug on the cable on the top left side on image on post #61, the side not plugging into the radio, looks like a usb connection.

HMMMMMM idea. So the middle picture close up with my finger in it is the "loose end" from the toyota cable coming out of the radio. It sure looks like the cable that would plug directly into the USB dash thing in the top picture.

Anyone in the parts business and can take these two parts and see if they plug in?

I am thinking you just splice on an additional foot or two of cable and have a plug and play situation.

86190-0C020 is the part of the usb/data dash thing

PT546-00120-US is the usb cable out of the radio.
DSCF1332.jpg
IMG_7048.jpg
Picture209.jpg

Last edited:
Hikeit sayed this in regard to connecting to the radio.

I am looking at mine, and it looks like the plug on the cable on the top left side on image on post #61, the side not plugging into the radio, looks like a usb connection.

Yeah it does look like a USB but it is a special connector from Toyota. I have a Scion radio in my mini and I tried to connect a USB to it with no luck. The socket (for lack of a better term) is a different size and shape than a normal USB. I have actually ordered an iPod connector for mine (from fleabay) that plugs into one of the factory plugs on the back of the radio. I have yet to install it. I basically scrapped the whole USB idea because it is too cumbersome. I just want to be able to jam my tunes from my iPod or iPhone when I'm wheelin. :cool:

Yeah it does look like a USB but it is a special connector from Toyota. I have a Scion radio in my mini and I tried to connect a USB to it with no luck. The socket (for lack of a better term) is a different size and shape than a normal USB. I have actually ordered an iPod connector for mine (from fleabay) that plugs into one of the factory plugs on the back of the radio. I have yet to install it. I basically s****ped the whole USB idea because it is too cumbersome. I just want to be able to jam my tunes from my iPod or iPhone when I'm wheelin. :cool:

depending on what scion radio you have, that ipod adapter may not work. I just got an email from the vendor that says there is not an IPOD adapter for the t1819 radio yet.

If you find one, let me know. The one I posted above in post 48 and 56 does not work.

Sam-

I just edited my post 71 above with another thought. Take a look.... It sure looks like the connector on the usb toyota cable may fit that dash thing.

Sam-

I just edited my post 71 above with another thought. Take a look.... It sure looks like the connector on the usb toyota cable may fit that dash thing.

It's possible. They change the connectors on the ends (so it will be a proprietary thing I assume). With some modifications you could probably make the Toyota one or a regualar USB fit like in the link in your post. See the red arrows in the pic below? They do the connectors specific to each use so it will fit whatever application. Lights are a great example of this. There might be 10 different light connectors and the only difference is the location/orientation of the tabs inside/outside the connector.

picture.php

Thanks Sam. So maybe with a little dremel work it may fit. Anyone able to pull the parts and confirm before I buy the $60 dash plug?

Ok, they say that the only stupid question is the one that was not asked.... please keep that in mind. So, I have always connected my ipod to the radio via the long ipod plug.

I found usb conversion to the ipod on amazon, so they exist, but do they still both charge the ipod and allow the radio to control the ipod?

Thanks Sam. So maybe with a little dremel work it may fit. Anyone able to pull the parts and confirm before I buy the $60 dash plug?

Ok, they say that the only stupid question is the one that was not asked.... please keep that in mind. So, I have always connected my ipod to the radio via the long ipod plug.

I found usb conversion to the ipod on amazon, so they exist, but do they still both charge the ipod and allow the radio to control the ipod?

The cables that we sell do charge as well as let you control the iPod from the radio. Most of the generic ones I've seen DO NOT display the name of the song on the radio. Not sure why that is. I can pop the USB adapter out of my Tundra and snap a pic if you want. It should be the same as the one pictured above though. :meh:

$53.42 for the 86190-0C020 through me. Just FYI.

This is the radio I have BTW. The glass for the touch screen is gone. That's how I got ahold of it. It was going to go in the trash bc someone had broken the glass and the touch screen was inop. I didn't care anything about the touch screen as long as the radio still worked. I'm not sure about the function with the iPod hooked up. Might not be able to change the song. :hillbilly:

picture.php

Found this option.... Tundra USB/Stereo port part number 86190-0C020

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/au...tereo-input-tacoma-aftermarket-head-unit.html

that is what I was gonna recommend! I think the square USB printer connector might be too big to fit the square cable on the back of the HU, but worth a shot?

The pinout from Left to Right of the 5 pin on the USB dash port pictured is:

From the left looking at the back of the unit with the USB on top.

1: Shield*
2: Aux V*
3: Aux in Gnd
4: Aux in L
5: Aux in R

*If you are using this USB port with the stock Scion head units for AUX in, you have to connect these to the head unit as well, since the HU senses a resistance difference between a jack plugged in or not. If you leave these off, the AUX will be disabled.

I used a $0.99USB 6 ft cord(4 conductor with a shield as 5th) and made an extension. Servo plug extensions work, you will need (4) 3 conductor plugs.

Thanks to Sam, I got the Toyota parts, then went over to Microcenter and got a "A" to "A" USB cable. Stripped both ends and they plug perfectly into the cable coming out of the HU and to the
IMG_7064.jpg
IMG_7065.jpg
IMG_7067.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom