Scion t1819 BT HU (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nope not a plug and play, you need the conversion adapters. I actually just cut off one of the connectors going to the amp located on the passanger side and used that along with the connector from the sub wiring.

installed the HU in my car a couple nights ago. i used a prius plug for the USB connection, so didn't need to splice. the mic I named is the official scion one, so it will plug right in, $50 + ship from trdsparks (had to email/call). Should be here early next week, I'll let you know how well it works. Now just need to figure out the aux-in...

forgot to mention, I now have an 1815 just sitting, if anyone's looking for one of those.

installed the HU in my car a couple nights ago. i used a prius plug for the USB connection, so didn't need to splice. the mic I named is the official scion one, so it will plug right in, $50 + ship from trdsparks (had to email/call). Should be here early next week, I'll let you know how well it works. Now just need to figure out the aux-in...

What do you need to know about the aux/in?

The prius usb jack I used has an aux plug in it, with an 8pin harness connector hanging off of it (5 pins used). I'd like something that will go from that to the 20pin harness connector that aux runs through...
I need to find that 20pin harness connector... probably need to go to a parts yard and cut one out of a late model camry/yaris/scion with steering wheel controls. I don't mind cutting off the 8pin at the aux jack and hardwiring that, but I want to use the factory 20pin connector so it can unplug

I would like to get the steering wheel controls as well... Yea I lucked out mine came with all the wiring.

just wanted to post a quick follow up.
The mic I ordered from the dealership, PT546-74120-MC, works great, it was a direct plug-in.
The mic portion is designed for surface mount, it has a sticky backing, and the kit comes with some zip ties and sticking bits... I think it is designed to be surface mounted to the dome light, installed above the headliner.
I was much more lazy than this, I just stuck it to the steering wheel cowling above the key cylinder and routed the cable behind the dash that way.
The bluetooth capability works great with my android phone too, with BT-audio mode it will automatically start playing the song it left off with, all I have to do is turn the key and it pairs and starts playing on its own. Also works pretty well for pandora streaming, though it would be nice if the folder buttons (up/down) would switch pandora stations. Also, the pause button seems to not always pause in pandora and it doesn't automatically start again the way the music player does.
I may have paid too much for it but i feel that it is totally worth it.

The mic I ordered from the dealership, PT546-74120-MC, works great, it was a direct plug-in.
The mic portion is designed for surface mount, it has a sticky backing, and the kit comes with some zip ties and sticking bits... I think it is designed to be surface mounted to the dome light, installed above the headliner.
I was much more lazy than this, I just stuck it to the steering wheel cowling above the key cylinder and routed the cable behind the dash that way.
The bluetooth capability works great with my android phone too, with BT-audio mode it will automatically start playing the song it left off with, all I have to do is turn the key and it pairs and starts playing on its own. Also works pretty well for pandora streaming, though it would be nice if the folder buttons (up/down) would switch pandora stations. Also, the pause button seems to not always pause in pandora and it doesn't automatically start again the way the music player does.

Cool! any pictures of it?

So I tried to install one of these bad boys last night and have a few problems. I hooked up illumination wire correctly but instead of dimming when the lights are turned on, the screen just turns off. Any ideas on what would cause this?

Second issue is with the bluetooth. I tried to go into the menu and go to the setting as the manual states but none of the options are there for set up, nothing even sais bluetooth. Any Ideas? is there a master reset on the scion radios?

Thanks for the help!

If you don't have a bluetooth amplified mic plugged in, the bluetooth menu won't show up at all.
Illumination: That's how it was on my mazda radio that i'd installed in my pathfinder about 10 years ago...
On the nissan, coming from the dash was illum + and illum -. if you hooked up the wrong one, then it would do just what you describe.
On this radio, the lighting is black until you turn on the lights, then it dims as you dim... might need to see if there's a different illum wire in your harness you can use?

If you don't have a bluetooth amplified mic plugged in, the bluetooth menu won't show up at all.
Illumination: That's how it was on my mazda radio that i'd installed in my pathfinder about 10 years ago...
On the nissan, coming from the dash was illum + and illum -. if you hooked up the wrong one, then it would do just what you describe.
On this radio, the lighting is black until you turn on the lights, then it dims as you dim... might need to see if there's a different illum wire in your harness you can use?

OK cool I thought it was maybe broken!

Do you know the part number for the usb plug you used?

And side note for anyone installing this radio and got it without any harnesses, you need a antenna harness. Its a Scosche LSAARB

Here is a link, 11 bucks on Amazon;

Amazon.com: Scosche LSAARB Antenna Adapter Reverse for 2002-Up Lexus: Car Electronics

I paid a bit much for my radio install, but i'm happy with it regardless.

For USB:
If I was starting over, I would cut into the adapter harness, which is PT546-00120-US, and hardwire a USB socket, would've saved myself $80. Also the prius kit i ordered from them is now out of stock.

I'm betting that if you call up the guys at trdsparks they'll be able to get you that adapter for about $25 (i suggest them because so far they've given me the best prices of all the various dealers)

just got this part in the mail and it doesnt fit into any plug. how did you get it to work?

Pt546-74120-mc

I ordered and just received this mic. I'm missing something because it is not a direct plug in to the T1819. Apparently there is an adapter between the plug and the radio I am missing. Any Ideas on a Part No?

The part you need is PT546-00120-CH. I am having the same problem but i wanna try and do it without out it but am having trouble sourcing the pinout or even pictures.

Any love out there?

Email me and I will send it. I tried to post it but it wont load.

JonathanRobinson82 at GMAIL.COM
scion t1819.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom