1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SBC Cold Air Intake??

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Rice, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Rice

Rice SILVER Star

Media:
    Greetings all. I'm interested in getting rid of the under the hood open filter that has my carb'ed SB engine breathing hot air. For those that have done this will you share what kind of system or fabrication you did to get cold air into the engine (without putting on hood scoups that is :D)

Many thanks,
    Rice

2. hammerhead

hammerhead

Maybe a snorkel is what you're looking for. I hear the one for the 2F can be ducted from the fender to a closed air filter canister on the carb. Not only will it give cooler air it will also be cleaner and dryer.

3. Plowboy

Plowboy

I ran a 4 inch flex air intake tube from the airhorn on a stock chev aircleaner over to the driverside inner fender, then forward along side of the radiator, exiting just above the headlight. I used a 4 inch pvc piece and hose clamps to secure the end of the intake tube to the radiator frame. Pulls in air in front of the radiator

4. 75fj40

75fj40

On mine I run a stock GM aircleaner with the input routerd behind the drivers side headlight. If I want a little more power I just invert the lid on the aircleaner.

I can take pics if needed.

Chris
    75 VJ40
    87 FJ60