Say Hello and Intrduce yourself. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Welcome to Book Cliff Cruisers. My name is Bill Baker and I am the current President of our association. I live here in Grand Junction and my Toys are a 1995.5 Tacoma, and a 1997 FZJ 80 LandCruiser.

Intro to Bookcliff Cruisers

Congratulations Bookcliff Cruisers! You are now on 'mud, and your presence will soon be known to all. I'm Darryl, and I'm currently the newsletter editor for 'Crusin Colorado, for www.ColoradoLandCruisers.com out of Colorado Springs as well as past president. I am a GJ native, and my wife and I are over here as care givers for my 91 year old dad. I have 3 4WD's, one of which is my '72 FJ40, which is more or less stock, or at least it is still powered by a "F" engine. It has lots of rust in the usual places, which contrasts nicely with the white finish. OME suspension gives it just the right amount of lift for metric 10.5 X 33's on 16" wheels. A '76 disk brake front axel is held in proper alignment with a shackle reversal. A 4-speed transmission gives an extra gear when needed. A trusty-rusty Warn 8274 helps pull whatever back to where in needs to be - last used to remove 2 old juniper shrubs. We had a ball with it on 21 road over Memorial day weekend. I have been 4WDing for 50 years, so that makes me an old guy - guess thats why I get along with old iron.

I'm very happy to see your club get going, and I will do whatever I can to support your effort. :clap:

Darryl
TLCA 3911

Last edited:
Hi I am Benjamin Wayne Buskirk. I moved back from Colorado springs to Junction about eight months ago. We have a 19mo old who keeps us going. I grew up here in the valley and am happy to be back. I was the TLCA delegate of Colorado Land Cruisers. I drive an 84 fj60.

Last edited:
Western slope Cruiser group

Way cool:beer:

I'm the southern element down here in Albuquerque

member of TLCA since 1996 # 4219

There is no such thing as one Cruiser in the garage:beer:

I've got 4, a DD 80 series, a diesel swap FJ-55,
a 62 series parts donor to the 55, and the trusty long term,
"I'm gonna be buried in it" 82 FJ-40

Looking forward to the trip on the 20th

James:steer:

meet & greet & wheelin' & BBQ

Welcome archtusconfj,

Check out the thread about the wheelin' & BBQ weekend coming up on the 20th & 21st

James
o2bin4lo:cheers:

Just Joined BCC

Paid my dues Tuesday so now I am a member of Book Cliff Cruisers though my official address is Kentucky and my plates say Montana.... no I am not a fugitive! Because I travel a lot in the 4-Corners area a "local club" seemed like a logical fit.

Retired a few years ago and have been living on the road the past 6 years. Been wheeling on/off since 1960, but have gotten serious about the sport (again) in 2005.

Currently I have a 2008 FJ Cruiser with most of the good stuff installed. Recently decided to outfit my rig with Expedition One bumpers front and rear as I feel they offer they best bumpers on the market. They have my old ARB front bumper and lights for sale at a very good price, call them at 801-627-2921 if your looking.

Ace

Hello all, Gary and Tricia from Glenwood Springs CO Looking forward to conecting with fellow cruiser geeks. I have an 84' FJ60 TLC :):)
Still-Water Pass.jpg

Welcome

Welcome Gary and Tricia!
I love the pano shot of your cruiser it is a :banana::banana::banana: shot if I have ever seen one. I look forward to meeting you both soon.

Hey, I'm Jonathan Hayes. I claim Fruita, Colorado as my home, but I work part of the year in TN. I have a 1984 FJ60, mods include a resto, expedition one winch bumper with 9k winch, trail-gear sliders, and a safari snorkel with a black toyota prefilter. I'm currently finishing a SROR rear swing-out with gas can/hi-lift rear bumper and I plan on installing a new console and rhio-lining the interior within the month. As soon as I finish those mods and buying a RTT I'm pretty much done with my 60 build.

:beer:

Welcome to the BCC. You just missed a great wheeling/camping trip to the Ouray vicinity last weekend.

Almost finished with your 60, huh? Are any of us ever finished building our trucks? ;)

Ace

Welcome to the BCC. You just missed a great wheeling/camping trip to the Ouray vicinity last weekend.

Almost finished with your 60, huh? Are any of us ever finished building our trucks? ;)

Ace

Thanks, hopefully someone will post up a few pics so I can at least pretend I was there. You know the times drawing near when you've already picked up the next project :D

Greeting and welcome from the other side of the hill! I'm Kevin Ehrlick and am with Rising Sun club based in the Denver area. It's awesome to see another Colorado club get organized and I look forwrd to meeting you guys and getting out there and play a bit!

Welcome Jonathan, thanks for stopping and checking in with us. Also to Kevin from our brothers and sisters on the other side of the hill...Howdy! I look forward to getting out two clubs together for a run here in the near future.

Jonathan to view some of our Ouray wheeling pics just go to Ouray 2009 - a set on Flickr

to check them out. Also be looking for our next meeting this month.

Take care.

Mike,

Welcome to the area! Too bad you could not be at Kane Creek with us. it was a good run, but a darn long day!:p

Alan

Mike,

Welcome to the area! Too bad you could not be at Kane Creek with us. it was a good run, but a darn long day!:p

Alan

I hear ya...I really like that one. A nice trail.

I just got back from Moab last weekend again...never thought I'd make it back!...ha! Had a little engine trouble...didn't even get to do any trails...:lol: Glad to be back home.

Going back in March.

Hey guys,

I am a recent transplant from Boston, MA. I have a 2008 FJ Cruiser TTSE. I am definitely hoping to become really involved with this group so I can be a part of a solid wheeling group. I have done a little exploring around the area, but I am hoping someone can show me around...haha. Anyways, glad to be here and looking forward to meeting everyone.

-Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom