Saving another FJ60! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I went with MC because I really like the quality of their silicone hoses and I could order bulk and then cut to fit. I will check my order form for the amounts and sizes I ordered and then post up the part numbers. If you go with any other pump besides brand new, you will be replacing it usually within a year. I know the price for a new Toyota pump is stupid high:bang: but you get what you pay for. I looked into converting over to a Saginaw but there are not any production brackets available yet and I just didn't want to hassle with it.

I ordered Metric High Temperature Silicone Rubber Tubing Semisoft. You can get different colors, I choose Opaque. I think it was $70-$80 dollars delivered.

40 Feet of 5041K521 3mm ID, 8mm OD.
10 Feet of 5041K742 6mm ID, 10mm OD.

Last edited:
Great! Thanks for getting that info. Very helpful. I will be following this thread eagerly watching your progress.

Awesome work sir. to be commended.

My Cruiser is running decent so now it is time for the lift. I researched OME (old man emu) and Terrain Tamer. There is alot more info on OME then TT. What finally swayed me was location ,location,location. I just happened to be going to the Bay Area (San Francisco) to help my daughter move. Georg a vendor here on Mud (orangefj45) has a huge LandCruiser shop in Stockton, about a hour away from where I would be. He sells Terrain Tamer products and just happened to have a FJ60 lift that had just come in from Australia. Well the math was easy, I could save a few hundred dollars in shipping by picking it up. A plus was that I got to meet Georg, who is totally awesome and very knowledgeable about anything LandCruiser. So I got the lift home, and here are some pics of the install.

Front springs and shackles. Everything was good quality and easy to assemble. I had already installed the rear when I remembered I should take pics, sorry. Nothing special about the rear install anyhow except, there is a passenger and drivers side marked on the springs. Straight forward wrenching.

FJ60 Lift 003.JPG

Last edited:
The kit came with everything I needed. Springs,shocks,bushings,greasable shackles,sway bar extensions,caster shims,extended brake lines and steering dampener.

Last edited:
Old vs new. These were not stock FJ front springs. I think they were re-curved, anyhow , they rode like crap, super stiff.

FJ60 Lift 005.JPG

Last edited:
Before install

FJ60 Lift 001.JPG

FJ60 Lift 002.JPG

When you do the front springs, make sure and install the caster shims, before, you hang them from the shackles as you will not have enough room to do it after. Also use a c-clamp to hold the springs together when you remove the spring bolt. You will have to cut off the extra spring bolt threads before installing the bottom shock plate.

FJ60 Lift 006.JPG

FJ60 Lift 008.JPG

View attachment 1273703

Last edited:
Here are some before and after pics. There isn't a huge difference because there were re-arched springs on the front and home made extended shackles on the back. The ride difference however is huge.:)
Before

FJ60 rebirth 006.JPG

Last edited:
After. My mistress has attitude!!!

FJ60 Lift 015.JPG

Last edited:
Paint and body will be next. This is the area where I will need the most help, as I have never done body work or rust repair before. I will be asking lots of questions and keeping ya'll posted.

Last edited:
lookin good!

Good job on not drinking the OME cool-aid and for supporting a great guy named Georg.

Keep it up

Good job on not drinking the OME cool-aid and for supporting a great guy named Georg.

Keep it up
Thanks for that comment. I don't have anything against Kurt or OME, I just wanted to try something different. The fact that Georg had a lift in stock made a difference. To be honest, some of the reviews I had read about short springs and leaning problems with OME , made me look into other options. I am happy with my results. I might have had the same results with OME, but what the heck, be different if you can. Plus, getting to meet someone you buy parts from, is awesome:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom