Save The Trails (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same here. Get on it everybody!!!

Save Trails

Got it. Somebody should take this down to Folbeck and ORI to make sure all Reno area folks get with it. I'd do it but I'm not in the country.

Ben.

We should have an Access or BRC sticky in here.

We've rolled over a few trails in White Pine County/White Pine Mountain range and I can only hope the BLM gets lots of positive "keep those trails open" comments from folks.

If you've been out there exploring you already know the importance. If you have not been out there exploring by vehicle you should get out there #1 and #2 voice your support for keeping trails open especially out there!

Dan

https://forum.ih8mud.com/land-use/4...lan-preliminary-ea-available.html#post6636842

NPS Input Needed for Death Valley's Saline Valley!!!

I know there are quite a few here that thoroughly enjoy Death Valley especially Saline Valley. I especially appreciate the relatively low level government/NPS presence within the borders of Death Valley and especially Saline Valley/Saline Springs area (relative to other NPS parks).

Well folks...please take 5-10 minutes and let the NPS (National Park Service) know your thoughts! They are "scoping" Saline Valley and reading between the lines its apparent they have a desire to have a larger management presence including a ranger station, etc., at Saline Valley!

If anyone believes a larger park management presence will benefit Death Valley, Saline Valley specifically, all you need to do is look to Yosemite and Yellowstone to witness how they've 'tamed' the overall experience.

You have until August 6, 2012 to let them know...PLEASE DO IT!

NPS PEPC - Saline Valley Warm Springs Scoping

Done!!
Also forwarded the link to the Blotchers and anyone on my e mail who might be interested.
Also posted a thing on Facebook too.

This is a duplicate post from another BBCNN thread...but I thought it would be good to put it in here too.

This document from the Blue Ribbon Coalition (please see the attached PDF document) might help folks when trying to determine the value and effectiveness of contributing/becoming a supporting member to Blue Ribbon Coalition.

I am a life member of the BRC and contribute what I can on top of that. We are truly, like no other time in recent history, being assaulted by groups with significant financing, supporting membership, clout and power along with federal departments* all working together to snuff us out and off public lands!

*USDA, Forest Service, BLM, U.S. Fish & Wildlife, etc.

We can either rally to the cause or continue to stick our heads in the sand and watch our access get taken away!

EVERYONE interested in protecting vehicle access to our existing open public lands NEEDS TO BE SPREADING THE WORD!

If each of the estimated 50-million OHV owners, including all of us in the 4x4 community, would contribute $5 each we could show up to the proverbial gun fight with something other than a butter knife!

So...I encourage the BBCNN to become a supporter of the BRC by contributing and becoming a member!

I can tell you one thing: As tough as the challenge is to keep public lands accessible for us...if trails get closed we have less than a snowball's chance in hell of getting them reopened. You know the saying: "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

I hope you all give generously to this cause!

Thanks for reading!

Dan Streight

BRC website: Home | BlueRibbon Coalition

Attachments

• Blue Ribbon Coalition - Working For You.pdf
    256.4 KB · Views: 130
Harry Reid trying to take away our recreational privilege AGAIN!

Harry Reid is at it again! This from today's Reno Gazette Journal (August 22, 23 2012):

Excerpts:

"U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he will support a land transfer bill for the city of Yerington — considered a major cog in the revitalization of Lyon County’s copper mining industry — if it includes the establishment of a wilderness area."

"The proposed wilderness area is land between Smith Valley and Bridgeport, Calif., that has significant cultural meaning for Native Americans, Yerington Mayor George Dini said.

The entire area is around 80,000 acres but Dini was unsure how much would be designated as the wilderness area."

Senator Dean Heller and Congressman Mark Amodei have been integral to the Yerington proposal (the bill was originally proposed by Heller); however neither, according to the RGJ, know anything about the wilderness set-aside leverage attempt by Reid.

Read more about it on RGJ.com under Local News.

As usual Reid fails to identify the exact tract(s) of land he wants set aside as wilderness classification apart of this deal. He always likes the free range ability to willy-nilly as he sees fit. :mad:

If you care please e-mail Senator Heller, Congressman Amodei, et al your voice in this matter as soon as possible.

Here are some links

Dean Heller
http://heller.senate.gov/contact_form.cfm

Mark Amodei (this one has a quiz, you have to know your +4 zip code to get in:
https://amodeiforms.house.gov/contact-us

Here is the body of the mail I sent
It has come to my attention that Harry Reid wants to include a provision for a wilderness area in the proposed land transfer meant to help Yerington's copper mining industry

Quote From the Reno Gazettee Journel;
"U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he will support a land transfer bill for the city of Yerington — considered a major cog in the revitalization of Lyon County’s copper mining industry — if it includes the establishment of a wilderness area."...

“It is not a lot of wilderness area but it is something that is important,” Reid said. “They cannot think they are going to get this thing and do nothing for the environment.”

It is my understanding that Nevada and California already have more wilderness area per capita than most other states. The proposed area is one of the few High Sierra areas left open to motor vehicles. While I understand the need to preserve our environment I also feel there should be a balance of use which allows access to all people and allows many forms of use including motorized travel.

Perhaps the bill could include the acquisition of water rights to help restore Walker Lake? In my opinion that would be doing much more for the environment than closing off yet another tract of land from full open public access.

Thank you very much for your consideration in this matter,
Sincerely,
Dan Robert Johnson

Very nice letter Dan! :clap:

Nicely stated Dan!!

Jeep should be fined for sponsoring "One Car To Far", those ass hat have never even heard of the concept of tread lightly. That Jeep would obviously set them up in situation where they have no choice but to boon dock their way out is totally irresponsible.

Do you feel like a "wife beater"??!!

According to one enviro/greenie commie if you use a motorized vehicle off-highway then you are a similar sociopath as a wife beater, racist, etc.!

https://www.sharetrails.org/public-...ohv-users-when-did-you-stop-beating-your-wife

I hope everyone's getting ready to buy an iPad...along with tons of apps depicting hunting and driving on dirt on our public lands. It sure smells like that's what we're going to be left with if we don't rally to the cause and push back these whackos (Mark Amodei included!).

Sheeeeeit!!!
Really ?!?! For most of us, it's the OTHER way around!! :lol:

...... hope everyone's getting ready to buy an iPad...along with tons of apps depicting hunting and driving on dirt on our public lands. It sure smells like that's what we're going to be left with if we don't rally to the cause and push back these whackos (Mark Amodei included!).
Just get a (hybrid) motor home and a telescope so you can look at the wilderness from the paved parking lot, because the next thing to go will be hiking trails.
After all people have no place in the wilderness right?

Signed along with multiple petitions for multi-use trails for mtbing. Can't believe they are moving so hard to clear these trails of use. Soon enough all we are going to know is a concrete jungle, that or the Zombie Apocalypse will happen and then it will all be "free-range".

Civil disobedience!!
That's all I'm saying!!
The more we pussy foot around trying to play nice and be good abiding citizens... The more they're going to keep walking all over us.
The main reason I'm in support of SUING these fuc$ers!!!
I've been advocating ALL of these land use orgs that many of is support, align under ONE organization.
Espressomon and I have discussed how the NRA was once a small grass roots org that was struggling.... Now look at em!
The more I thought about that, the more I realized THAT should be the model that the access groups should aspire to!
Pooling of funds, pooling of resources, pooling of memberships and people...
It IS possible IF.... The Individual organizations can set EGOES aside.
It all, unfortunately, comes down to money!!

That's the saddest part of the whole thing.
The groups w/ the most money... Wins!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom