Sandwiches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think this is technically a sandwich, so I'll drop it in here...

I was not familiar with carnitas until recently, where they were served for dinner in the trail. I had to research them as soon as I got home. It's basically a pork butt, slow cooked in the crock pot or oven and then browned in the skillet after pulling it apart.

The recipe I used called for onions, jalapeño, garlic, and orange juice. I threw the rind in too. The meat was rubbed with salt, pepper & cumin.

image.jpg

Ten hours later, I pulled & shredded the super tender meat, poured some of the greasy juice over it and bagged and let it sit in the fridge overnight for the favors to mingle.

The next day, I threw a meal's worth in the It's Not Cast Iron and put a crust on all the little bits.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I served mine with al dente cooked peppers/onions, avocado, cilantro and a splash of green sauce(s).

image.jpg

I think this is technically a sandwich, so I'll drop it in here...

I was not familiar with carnitas until recently, where they were served for dinner in the trail. I had to research them as soon as I got home. It's basically a pork butt, slow cooked in the crock pot or oven and then browned in the skillet after pulling it apart.

The recipe I used called for onions, jalapeño, garlic, and orange juice. I threw the rind in too. The meat was rubbed with salt, pepper & cumin.

View attachment 1103084

Ten hours later, I pulled & shredded the super tender meat, poured some of the greasy juice over it and bagged and let it sit in the fridge overnight for the favors to mingle.

The next day, I threw a meal's worth in the It's Not Cast Iron and put a crust on all the little bits.

View attachment 1103086

View attachment 1103087

I served mine with al dente cooked peppers/onions, avocado, cilantro and a splash of green sauce(s).

View attachment 1103088

YEP SO GOOD!

I made a chocolate passila chicken dish this weekend and the leftovers will either be going in enchilladas or soft tacos in a day or two.

Carnitas are great, I use pork, beef roast and chicken as the main protein. None have let me down yet..

Great job Cam,

J

Kinda recycling some of the same ingredients, but here's some fish stick tacos. Made with ethically tortured fish sticks from Whole Foods, tomatoes from my mom's garden, and some siracha tartar sauce, among other things.

image.jpg

image.jpg

grilled up some boneless chicken qtrs., and put them on large(er) dinner rolls. a little lettuce and mayo and honey mustard dressing.
quick chicken sliders, and some corn on the cob

Haven't had Grouper since I lived in Fla. My mom used to do some kind'a dish in the oven with grapes.?!??? I don't know, it was Key West, I was in 2nd grade, and it was 1970.

Haven't had Grouper since I lived in Fla. My mom used to do some kind'a dish in the oven with grapes.?!??? I don't know, it was Key West, I was in 2nd grade, and it was 1970.

YOU'RE OLD!! HEE HEE!

One of my Key West trips popped my Grouper cherry... Have loved it ever since.

J

Last edited:
We lived in base housing, water front property, imagine that. Fished from docks every day after school, mom would trim the fat off of bacon for my bait. Weekends were with dad snorkeling above the old ammo dumps (lots of structure) he would dive with an old "Aqua Lung" Scuba Tank, and I would follow his bubble trail towing an inner tube with a mil spec laundry bag slung inside of it. I was picking up conchs and gigging lobster. Dad was below spearing snook and grouper. Most everything went on the grill. If the boats were in, we would buy shrimp or a bushel of oysters right off the docks.

And yes Veece, I'm old ish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom