San Francisco Parking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where can I safely park my fj62 in San Francisco that will allow me to retrieve my rig as late/early as 2am? I see the garages all lock down at 12am, but the event will most likely last longer. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

Thanks for the link. this thread is a result of lack of such info on line, but thanks anyway... the rig is stock +1 or 2"

Last edited:
I've parked at the Sutter garage (#1 in that Yelp list) a few times, and would again. Although it has several 5 star reviews, I see that at least one reviewer says his car was broken into 3 times in that garage. There are few places in the world where a parked is truly safe.

There is really no safe place to park in the city thieves are always on the prowl for the next car to break in, avoid leaving anything of value in the vehicle and take the coil wire with you a lot of cruiser got stolen in the city.

yep, that is SOP for big city parking for me...truth be told, I'm just looking for a place where it won't be gone when I get back to it, and where I can get it after midnight and before 6am...got call backs from several garages that claim I can retrieve the rig after midnight, but if there is a cruiser head who can offer a spot on their driveway, I'd be stoked. don't need anything more than a parking stall, and we won't be crashing in it after...

yep, that is SOP for big city parking for me...truth be told, I'm just looking for a place where it won't be gone when I get back to it, and where I can get it after midnight and before 6am...got call backs from several garages that claim I can retrieve the rig after midnight, but if there is a cruiser head who can offer a spot on their driveway, I'd be stoked. don't need anything more than a parking stall, and we won't be crashing in it after...

Why not park it somewhere in the suburbs and take BART in and out ? Last train outta SF is I think 'bout 12:23 and starts up again a little before 5. You'd have an easier/safer time finding parking outta the city !

considered, but the show could go later and I don't want to wander the tenderloin till dawn...they prolly won't let me bring a knife to the event. TY tho.

Prices for parking in SF go up in anticipation of Oracle World mid-September and then DreamForce for all 60,000 extra people in The City this week

West Pleasanton BART or at Rockridge near Berkeley under the freeway always easy to find a spot but if you must park in SF try the Ellis / O'Farrell parking near Union Square: garage has 9 foot ceilings for all those contractor trucks

It's been years, but whenever we attended Beach Blanket Babylon, at Club Fugazi... in North Beach, I would park in a garage on Vallejo, around the corner from Beach Blanket Babylob St (used to be Green Street)... It was near or next to a police station and they parked cop cars in there.

But, if you are attending a show in/near the Tenderloin, I would park at SFO (San Francisco Intl Airport), rent a car, attend the event and turn the car in at SFO.

You could also catch BART at SFO... But, you already said you weren't sure you could make the train...

SF cabs are fun... If you like roller coasters, driven by insane people...

I rented a car in Fresno and parked it on the street...the show was worth the ride in a hyundai

so what did you go see?? Renting a car in Fresno to go to the city??? Sheesh glad I live in the bay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom