Saginaw pump # (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

take th bracket to autozone and get one that fits, probably a few that will work

So i went to auto zone with my bracket. They were no help. They said i need to know make and model for them to look it up, and they didnt want to go and open any boxes . Someone out there must know which pump to use please help.

Last edited:
The research I did led me to a pump for a 1968 Impala pump. 4.25 turns lock to lock IIRC. Any "800" series pump should work, that particular one has a good ratio.

Somewhere around 1980 the Sag pump changed. The bolt patterns are different and they went from compression fittings to o-ring for the pressure line. The pump I am running is for a mid-70s chevy truck. I betcha that is what you are running.

Just take the bracket to the Napa dealer and see if they have one in stock. If they dont have a pre-1980 model pump in stock, it only takes 1 day for them to get on in most cases.

Don't forget your pulley and dip-stick as they do not come with the pump.

Hope this helps

Here is what I have figured out after doing much research on this site.

The power steering pump is part number 206823. This is the pump for a 1977 Buick Century, and other cars from that time.

The pulley you can get from GRAINGER Pulley: PN 3x586, Bushing: PN 3x573.

Hope this help you.

Here is what I have figured out after doing much research on this site.

The power steering pump is part number 206823. This is the pump for a 1977 Buick Century, and other cars from that time.

The pulley you can get from GRAINGER Pulley: PN 3x586, Bushing: PN 3x573.

Hope this help you.

These are the same numbers I have written down. They come from Romers build thread here... https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/65318-my-min-truck-power-sterring-install.html

Also, fyi... you can still get that pump from rockauto.com for $52.79.

Good Luck.

Copenhagen1

Hi All:

I have been using the stock Saginaw PS pump from a '76 Chevy Blazer (though not on a Bill Dorry bracket.)

So, at the parts store just say " 1976 K5 Blazer."

Good luck!

Alan

Scott, I'm running a 75 Cadillac Eldorado pump with the Grainger taper lock pulley. You don't need the keyed shaft as the taper lock tightens on the shaft as the screws are tightenned. The resistance the pump produces on the pulley is minimal, and the pulley will not slip on the shaft. There is a spacer that oyu need to put from the tension bracket that runs from the water pump to the steering pump, that was not included with my kit. You may be running in to the same issues, thinking you have the wrong pump.

IIRC it was a 3/4" spacer I got from Ace Hardware. If you need a picture, I'll try to dig one up. I think I took one when I did my set up.

The saginaw pump that I used is 206801. You can use the 206823 or others such as the 206800.
I like the 206801 because of the direction the return is facing. I use the wide Martin sprocket. Check with Iron Pig as they sell a wide sprocket (sheave/bushing) there.

I use Rock Auto for the saginaw pump.

Cardone 20-6000 will get you a keyed shaft with a threaded end.
Sweet. Thanks.

The saginaw pump that I used is 206801. You can use the 206823 or others such as the 206800.
I like the 206801 because of the direction the return is facing. I use the wide Martin sprocket. Check with Iron Pig as they sell a wide sprocket (sheave/bushing) there.

I use Rock Auto for the saginaw pump.

Does that one have the keyed shaft also? The reason I ask is I have a pulley from MAF and do not need another. My pump casing (the reservoir) is bent and so it will not seal properly around the pump.

Sweet. Thanks.

Does that one have the keyed shaft also? The reason I ask is I have a pulley from MAF and do not need another. My pump casing (the reservoir) is bent and so it will not seal properly around the pump.

Looking at the pictures on Rock Auto, my part number is a threaded keyed shaft and all of ones Blue has listed are the smooth press fit shaft.

I don't believe so. From the pics, you can see that there is internal threading for installation/removal of stock pulley, but I can't see any keyed shaft. From looking at Manafre's pulley, you will need the keyed shaft. Doesn't look like this one will work for you.
SagPump206801.jpg

Contact
AGR Performance, Inc.4920 Rondo, Ft. Worth, TX 76106

Phone: 817.626.9006

Tell them you want a keyed shaft and whether or not you want a flair seal or O-ring seal. They can make any combination at a very reasonable price for a high performance pump. I've run their super pump for over 7 years and it just keeps on ticking. Ask them about reservoirs, I did and got one with the style of low pressure return I wanted. Again, it was very reasonable cost wise and when I received it, it was chromed.

Contact
AGR Performance, Inc.4920 Rondo, Ft. Worth, TX 76106

Phone: 817.626.9006

Tell them you want a keyed shaft and whether or not you want a flair seal or O-ring seal. They can make any combination at a very reasonable price for a high performance pump. I've run their super pump for over 7 years and it just keeps on ticking. Ask them about reservoirs, I did and got one with the style of low pressure return I wanted. Again, it was very reasonable cost wise and when I received it, it was chromed.
Good tip. If I could get a reservoir for a few bucks I would be in good shape.
While I was doing the interweb shopping I found a place with a reservoir (not chromed) for $89. WTF? I have no idea why there is such a broad price range. These pumps run from $35 to $235 for really no reason I see based on their descriptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom