saginaw PS-can I mount the plate? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

buckroseau

May I have another!!!
SILVER Star
Threads
Hello Group,

I have a question about mounting the power steering plate for a saginaw power steering conversion.

I am currently doing a frame off resto on my 77 fj40 and I have decided to put in a saginaw PS coversion. I already have all the power steering components, most from Advanced Adapters, including the plates and power steering box. I would like to weld in the plates prior to painting the frame. My question is, can I do this without installing the column and other u - joints at this time? According the instructions that I recieved with the kit it seems pretty straight forward and they show it being done that way? Mount the box to the plate, position the box against the frame to determine where to drill the holes in the front cross member, drill the holes, install spud shaft, reposition plate and box against frame, WELD it on.

The plate is shaped like the side of the frame, just want to make sure I'm not missing anything before I weld this on permantly?

Thanx in advance, Matt

I don't think it will be a problem. My biggest concern was clearing my front spring hanger (shackle reversal).

i would fit the parts ( as much as you can) on to line things up before you weld it on, it would be a bear to get off if you miss align things.

Does the plate look like this? P. S. write up
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386853
ps6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom