AltFuel Safe PH of oil to be used as WVO? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Backing up to the heated pick up, ..
I use canola or transition TF (a mix of vegetable oil without trans fat nor shortening).

Its liquid (above -10c or about), i only run my system in summer. I dont understand what a heated pick up would help with, .. Make it easier to pump by the diesel pump?

And.. Using poor quality oil with shortening, fat, ect, ... Would require a heated line, filter, plus a longer flush when switching to diesel. Or the lines, filters, ect could clog or make it too thick on the cool down.. No?

I dont mix oil and diesel, i use 100% oil or diesel and switch between the two.

But hey, my design is probably old school nowadays ..

Backing up to the heated pick up, ..
... i only run my system in summer. I dont understand what a heated pick up would help with, .. ..
Not much with pure canola; however most people use their alt fuel systems all year

And.. Using poor quality oil with shortening, fat, ect, ... Would require a heated line, filter, plus a longer flush when switching to diesel. Or the lines, filters, ect could clog or make it too thick on the cool down.. No?

If there are animal fats or hydrogenated oil from what was cooked in it, then they would potentially clog any unheated fuel system components, even in the summer.

Off topic, again but i've been looking around other posts, and what are the specs of a perfect FPHE ? For a 3b..

I want to get sure i get the good one, there are many sizes out there..
Thanks

My setup heats the oil prior to the pump and prior to the stock filter. but after the added water seperator extra filter.
Thanks

J

Don't waste your time and money trying to build a hex. That home-made hex is inadequate for the job. Flat Plate Heat Exchangers designed to do the job correctly are inexpensive and easy to find on e-bay.
I have a multi plate heat exchanger in my truck

So if the acid is or is not safe for injectors? if it is not, what is a safe ph reading? Also, water does what to the injectors?

if you let your oil sit and settle for long enough........ie. >2wks. minimum..........your oil will be dry and not acidic. Be sure to decant all but the last 3-5cm in the bucket. The last of the bucket is where the water and acidic parts have settled to. This is tried and true by dozens of people running WVO for many many thousands of kms. No theories, no guessing, but real world effective results. This requires the least amount of work and expense. I have personally been running WVO using this method for >100k kms on the same injectors on my old 3B.

The longer UVO settles the more crud drops out. However this settling will not necessarily change the 'acidic' properties of the oil regarding it's ability to clean dull copper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom