Rubicon Trail 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dimples

I owe my soul to the TRD store.
Threads
I am just throwing this out there to judge interest in a possible run next year to the Rubicon Trail in California. I was thinking some time in June after the kids are on summer break.

@Cruzrmama , did part of the trail many years ago. Pre Jason. :)

Do tell...:popcorn::popcorn::worms:
I hung out with fun guys even before jclarke450 :princess:
20160401_175042.jpg

Ok tell us the juicy stuff about the trail :steer:

You had a Nissan Patrol? Cool. Me too before the skies opened and I saw the light. Basically it was the whole positive ground thing for me.

Ok tell us the juicy stuff about the trail :steer:
Haha! Well, we didn't do the whole trail...and it was 20 (yes, 20) years ago. Think things have changed a bit? ;)
It was a last minute weekend plan with 4 trucks leaving from Sacramento on Saturday morning. We went in from the south end on Icehouse Rd. and stopped around Buck Island Lake. Granite Bowl was fun! Lots of little Samurai bumping around. Lots of waiting at narrow sections. Lots of bumping around. Lots of gorgeous scenery. Lots of bumping around. Camping. Then turning around and doing it in reverse.
wpe249369a_06.png

"Lots of bumping around" I'm not familiar with that term. "Then doing it in reverse"

Thanks for sharing :ban:

"Lots of bumping around" I'm not familiar with that term. "Then doing it in reverse"

Thanks for sharing :ban:
Lol...aside from everything taking so long, and getting to campsite after dark, we didn't have the rescue missions CSC seems to find.
Here's an interesting read. Made me feel better about not remembering every boulder and turn.

Transformation of the Rubicon : Before & After Photos 5 Years in the Making

I doubt this section at the south entrance will change much though :)
1-Rubicon-Trail-Off-Road-8-14-12.jpg

1205-4wd-06+wheelers-for-the-wounded+granite-bowl-on-the-rubicon-trail.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Haha! Well, we didn't do the whole trail...and it was 20 (yes, 20) years ago. Think things have changed a bit? ;)
It was a last minute weekend plan with 4 trucks leaving from Sacramento on Saturday morning. We went in from the south end on Icehouse Rd. and stopped around Buck Island Lake. Granite Bowl was fun! Lots of little Samurai bumping around. Lots of waiting at narrow sections. Lots of bumping around. Lots of gorgeous scenery. Lots of bumping around. Camping. Then turning around and doing it in reverse.
View attachment 1236188

Only time I was there was over forty years ago. Still a lot of snow on the trail and didn't make that far alone driving my bone stock 68 FJ40. Hopefully get there again some time before I'm too old.

Well this idea is starting to sound better every minute

I ran it in the early 90's when I had a lightly modified Jeep (93 Wrangler) and I was
living in San Jose. My girlfriend (now wife) went with and I scared her so bad (severe
off camber stuff, wheels off the ground, steep hills/shelf roads, etc) that to this day she
refuses to go wheelin' with me :(

Count me in for this one :)

I may not do the super big boulder fields, but the trail is amazing and it is a bucket list run.

sounds like fun to me! Definitely would be interested! I lived in Nor Cal for about 14 months and never wheeled up there. So would love to go!

Lol...aside from everything taking so long, and getting to campsite after dark, we didn't have the rescue missions CSC seems to find.
Here's an interesting read. Made me feel better about not remembering every broken down vehicle and turn.

You mean there were no Subaru WRX's to rescue on other trails in Cailfornia ? Shocking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom