Builds Rub A Dub Dub, Pablo's Got A New Tub!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a few questions at this point.

I need some outer rockers. It looks like options are:
  • PACOL for $280 a set
  • CCOT for $180 a set

Am I missing any other options I should consider?

I see in the pictures that the PACOl pieces have the inner lip, and CCOT does not. I'll have to go back and look at my 40, but I do not think I need that inner lip.

I am a believer that you get what you pay for, but I also belive in caveat emptor.

Please let me know if you have any experience with rockers from these guys, or other options I should consider. Thanks!

Last edited:
While the tub is off, I am thinking this is a great time to slather some rust treatment on the frame.

I know there are endless threads on the topic, but it sounds like Zero Rust has been getting some good reviews lately.

Any insights you all can share with me on this as well is most appreciated!

I have a few questions at this point.

I need some outer rockers. It looks like options are:
  • PACOL for $280 a set
  • CCOT for $180 a set

Am I missing any other options I should consider?

I see in the pictures that the PACOl pieces have the inner lip, and CCOT does not. I'll jhave to go back and look at my 40, but I do not think I need that inner lip.

I am a believer that you get what you pay for, but I also belive in caveat emptor.

Please let me know if you have any experience with rockers from these guys, or other options I should consider. Thanks!

I can start a new thread on this if need be, but hoping to keep this build all in one thread.

Looking for any experience you all have with these...

A few update pics:
8-25-12 001.jpg
8-25-12 002.jpg
8-25-12 007.jpg

Hey Pablo - if you need a good spare tire carrier, give me a shout. It's yours for the taking. I have a 76 fj40 in a simular state as yours that I am cramming a 4bt cummins into. I have quite a few parts that are not needed nor wanted that you could probably use. I am located just down the road in Boulder county.

Hey Pablo - if you need a good spare tire carrier, give me a shout. It's yours for the taking. I have a 76 fj40 in a simular state as yours that I am cramming a 4bt cummins into. I have quite a few parts that are not needed nor wanted that you could probably use. I am located just down the road in Boulder county.

Oh cool!

I would like to take you up on the carrier!
I'll switch to PM

Now that the rear tub is off, it looks like my rear frame diagonals are a bit crusty!

Does anyone have any replacements?

Pablo,

I've got one from my '71 55. It's a one piece, though. You can have it, for the shipping. Nothing wrong with it, just replaced it with my own design.

I also used the Zero Rust, under the body. Brushed it on, thick.

second dibs on that diagonal, please

Pablo,

I've got one from my '71 55. It's a one piece, though. You can have it, for the shipping. Nothing wrong with it, just replaced it with my own design.

I also used the Zero Rust, under the body. Brushed it on, thick.

Thanks! Do you know if they fit the 40 frames?

Hey TJ, another thing: I've seen a '77 FJ40 frame on craigslist somewhere in the area (can't remember where now) - I think he wanted $200 and it was on casters - he was using it as a painting stand. Might have a decent diagonal section for you. Can't find it now though. Wish pmcumber's utility wasn't blocked by C-list :frown:

I don't know if it will fit , but you can always make it fit. :)

Let me know, it's not going anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom