RTH Rear Disk can't get off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to pull rear drum I have caliper off. parking brake backed off. It is loose and wiggles but is binding on something inside, I presume parking brake shoe but I cant see how to back off further.

Suggestions?

Try pulling left then right side. Or top then bottom.

Im guessing the pads are catching on the unworn lip on the inner edge of the drum. If you can get one side over it it will help to work your way around.

Also if you can remove enough to expose the pads you may be able to use a helper to push pads inward to collapse and allow drum to slide over pads

Good luck.

Have you loosened the E-Brake cable? It needs to be very loose in order to allow the shoes to be backed off as far as they can be.

You could release some shoe pressure via the adjuster - accessible via the small access hole on the rotor/drum assembly...

See FSM (3. below) ...

ScreenShot024.jpg

cheers,
george.

George I found my digital FSM just before your post. It worked just like you suggested. I knew it had one (the adjuster) but I could not find it or see it through the hole. ITS OFF!!!!

:doh:

I thought thats what you meant (star wheel) by "parking brake backed off". Glad ya got it.

You can always put two bolts into the holes and back out that way also

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom