Round Eyes Out of Buissness?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lots of options - Hella, IPF (got a set, love 'em) and of course the Holy Grail of headlights - Cibie ...

Amazon has the real-deal Cibies right now at a heck of a good price , $30 less than Daniel Stern and these things are not easy to get , either -
http://www.amazon.com/Cibie-082440-...2-fkmr0&keywords=Cibie+7"+H4+headlight+lenses

The key thing is the beam performance , there is a reason BMW , Mercedes and others in EU use Cibie lamps as stock equipment - no one else has a beam pattern that works nearly as well , including Hella . I'd put the Cibies at the top , IPF H4's next and Hella H4's third . The RoundEyes were a long way down the ladder in comparison . Plus , the Cibies look old-school with more modern performance and a proper light pattern and cut off line . High beams are astounding even with off-the-shelf 60/55 halogen bulbs in the generic brands . Update to a good quality Flosser, Osram Super Rally, Narva , or the Philips Rallye and you'll wonder why you didn't do this 20yrs ago...

A good read/source for lighting quality - Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Sarge

I recently contacted them for some headlights and he told me that he no longer has them and will not restock. I was bummed.

Lots of options - Hella, IPF (got a set, love 'em) and of course the Holy Grail of headlights - Cibie ...

Amazon has the real-deal Cibies right now at a heck of a good price , $30 less than Daniel Stern and these things are not easy to get , either -
http://www.amazon.com/Cibie-082440-Light-Unit/dp/B008DQV88Q/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462889737&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=Cibie+7"+H4+headlight+lenses

The key thing is the beam performance , there is a reason BMW , Mercedes and others in EU use Cibie lamps as stock equipment - no one else has a beam pattern that works nearly as well , including Hella . I'd put the Cibies at the top , IPF H4's next and Hella H4's third . The RoundEyes were a long way down the ladder in comparison . Plus , the Cibies look old-school with more modern performance and a proper light pattern and cut off line . High beams are astounding even with off-the-shelf 60/55 halogen bulbs in the generic brands . Update to a good quality Flosser, Osram Super Rally, Narva , or the Philips Rallye and you'll wonder why you didn't do this 20yrs ago...

A good read/source for lighting quality - Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Sarge
x2. I had IPF 7" round for a long time and was a huge improvement...THEN I got the Cibies from Daniel Stern. they were a noticeable improvement over the IPFs which are also GREAT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom