ROTWII nmostofi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to go ahead and do my ROTW although I won't be able to answer questions right away. This is going to be my second ROTW, I won't bore you guys with when I bought the 80 and what inspired me to get into Land Cruisers, I covered all of that in my first ROTW. The upgrades that I have done since the last time are :

OME J springs
OME L shocks
Slee SS 4" longer brake lines
Slee front sway bar drop bracket
Slee rear sway bar bracket
Slee front bumstop spacer
Slee rear bumstop spacer
Slee blue bushings
315/75/16 Toyo Open Country MT's
updated 4x4labs rear bumper w/side protection
Iron pig offroad belly skid plate
I am sure I have forgotten something, if it comes to me I will update the list. I put the suspension and tires on my truck a week before Cruise Moab 07, it handled perfectly. I had a small amount of rubbing at full flex, so I think I am going to run a 1.5 spacer upfront. Right now I am running a 1" Mr.gasket spacer and have a bit of the "stink Bug" look. Here are some pics of the truck.
IMG_2901.JPG
IMG_2902.JPG
IMG_3032.JPG

I am going to go ahead and do my ROTW although I won't be able to answer questions right away. This is going to be my second ROTW, I won't bore you guys with when I bought the 80 and what inspired me to get into Land Cruisers, I covered all of that in my first ROTW.

Navid, quit being lazy and tell us all again how you fell in love with the land cruiser and how you made me turn into a nut just like you...:D
Beaut. cruiser by the way..But you already know that...

my next immediate upgrades are these cool high quality JDM stickers which were made by Mark Tescari and a middle east spec. hood ornament (thanks Mot!) like the one pictured:) In the next few months I will be re-gearing to 4:88's.
DCP00701-1.JPG
PR_Playing_11.jpg

Nice brother!

Looking good, Im likeing the can carrier.
Man those are some killer shots in Moab wish I could have been there

L8R

ken :cheers:

Robert you know the story too well. How can somone not fall in love with such a rugged machine that the 80 is;) My ride is cool becouse you and your dad halped me do most of the upgrades:beer:

thanks Ken can't wait to hit trials with you at Wentworth springs:beer:

Beautiful truck..........:cool:

Nice upgrades bet they were fun at Moab.:D

Thanks for contributing although I know it wasn't convenient timing.:cheers:

Always appreciated.:D

Whar rear springs are you running...863's? Do you plan on a coil spacer to get rid of the stinkbug look?
airlaird

Nice!

Can't wait to get my my 4X4labs bumper!

Thanks guys, I am running 863J springs in the rear and 850J springs in the front. I am also running a 1" spacer in the front, the rear sits higher than the front as seen in the pics. Not a big deal but I think eventually I will switch to a 1.5" spacer. The 4x4labs bumper is a piece of art. Very rugged, I beat the crap out of it in Moab, scraped it on rock, had the whole wight of the truck on it a couple of times and it still looks good, a very good buy. I am borrowing the two jerry can holder from Luke until he has my ladder/three jerry can holder ready for pick up, what a nice guy:) here are some pics of the rear bumper.
IMG_2750.JPG
IMG_2767.JPG
IMG_2768.JPG

Very nice

Your rig looks great. Are accessories interchangeable on the 4x4 labs rear? like the ladder and jerry cans?

ERG80

yes the accessories are interchangeable on the rear bumper, he calls his system modular. Currently I have a tire carrier and a two jerry can holder. He is making me a ladder which a three can jerry can holder attaches to, pretty cool design. Thanks for the complement Sam I think Luke told me that you and I plus one more person in Colorado has the rear corner panel protection. He says its a pain to make and that the truck needs to be at his shop for him to get it right. KV, thanks yes it was time for new rubber and I didn't want to stick to the 285's so in came the 315's:)

Real nice rig but I wish I had that bumper. :crybaby: Its sooo sick!

thanks fellas, here are some pics of underneath, the Hanna sliders/cat skid-plate got a good workout, not so much the IPOR skid-plate, the last pic is of my exhaust which I had rerouted. Previously the exhaust came out behind the rear passenger side tire. When I stepped up to the 315's it was apparent that it was going to get crushed. I had a muffler shop reroute it to exit right under the rear bumper.
IMG_3058.JPG
IMG_3059.JPG
IMG_3060.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom