ROTW - tucker74 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tucker74

Threads
Guess it's my turn - here's a little info on my '94 FZJ80. I bought the truck with just over 120k on the clock in Dec. of last year, and set about swapping everything from my previous '93 80 over. My old truck was an unlocked FZJ with the SF rear axle/drums and getting up there in miles, so when I looked into adding lockers just finding another rig made more since. I ended up swapping over the entire interior in addition and more wiring harness than I wanted to in order to keep my cloth seats. I got exactly what I was looking for in the end though - a locked 80 with full cloth, no airbag, and an A442F tranny :flipoff2:

Setup:

- Factory e-lockers
- OME HD 850/863 lift w/ 1" trim packers up front
- Goodyear MTR 285/75R16 tires
- ARB Deluxe Bullbar with custom Hi-Lift mounts on towers
- IPF 800 MSR lights
- Slee upgrade harness with auxiliary light extension
- Optima RedTop
- Pioneer XM/CD/MP3
- Eclipse speakers
- Full Husky Liner set :D

Between my two rigs I've done pretty much every common FZJ PM and repair ... but I'll keep this to my current truck.

Maintenance/Repairs

- Full synthetics (Engine - Mobil1 15W50; Tranny - Mobil1 ATF; Transfer - Redline MT90; Axles - Amsoil 75W90)
- Cooling system (OEM brass radiator, Gates Green Stripe PHH, Toyota Red)
- Brakes (OEM front/rear (adjusted for lift))
- PCV & hoses
- Intake hose
- "D" light :D

That's pretty much it on this truck, I see a birf job in the not-so-distant future but no other real issues to speak of. I did have to completely go though the diff locks and replace the nonexistent front harness ... don't think they had ever been used :rolleyes:

Next

- Slee step-sliders
- Metaltech rear bumper w/ dual carrier (top secret)
- Warn 15k
- Hannibal rack/tent

Pics

FZJ80.jpg

IMG_8428.jpg

IMG_8538.jpg

:cheers:

Tucker

Last edited:
tucker74 said:
I got exactly what I was looking for in the end though - a locked 80 with full cloth, no airbag, and an A440F tranny :flipoff2:
Tucker

Wow- did you custom-install that tranny? Because all the other 93-94's came with the similarly-inferior A442F! :flipoff2:

Very nice Tucker! Those last two pictures look familer! :D

very nice, tell us more about the secret rear bumper, why stepsliders instead the regular tube ones

alaskacruiser said:
Wow- did you custom-install that tranny? Because all the other 93-94's came with the similarly-inferior A442F! :flipoff2:

Hey who you calling inferior....................... :flipoff2:

Nice write up Tucker. Nice rig.

That last picture is LS round up correct?

Any more shots of that particular obstacle, kinda trying to get a feel for it in my head and its kinda difficult, although it looks like a hell of alot of fun. :cool:

Looks sweet Tucker!! Let me know next time you go wheeling...I need to get out.

Thanks Tucker :cheers:

Thats exactly what I wanted.

Looks like a blast. One of these days I might actually have to go back to TX. :doh:

Just don't tell anybody. :flipoff2:

Hows the ride with the 850/863 with an ARB without the winch up front and nothing in the back? Are you running the OME castor correction or something else with that?

Great write up! Sounds like you know your way around these rigs :cheers:

Montana Cruiser said:
Hows the ride with the 850/863 with an ARB without the winch up front and nothing in the back? Are you running the OME castor correction or something else with that?
The truck rides great - can't really tell the difference in mine and a buddies LX450 with the Medium setup other than the height. I'm running the OME CC bushings because that's all that was available when I got the lift ... I'd go straight to Slee's plates if I was doing this again. Each truck is different though -

Tucker

White trucks are sweet.
Nice tires!

Nice job on the rig.

"ARB Deluxe Bullbar with custom Hi-Lift mounts on towers"

It looks like you welded a couple of bolts or allthread sliglty angled forward. Any close up pics or further expalination fo the hi-lift mount?

DRTDuck said:
Nice job on the rig.

"ARB Deluxe Bullbar with custom Hi-Lift mounts on towers"

It looks like you welded a couple of bolts or allthread sliglty angled forward. Any close up pics or further expalination fo the hi-lift mount?
You pretty much nailed it - although not exactly bolts ... I just throw a pair of old rubber shock bushings under the Hi-lift and tighten it down with big wing nuts. The studs are drilled for locks as well ... but I don't leave it up there typically.

Tucker

Glad to see those pics...I think I was part of a few!
Great rig...see ya at ICBM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom