Rotw-mtnrat- (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nick, I wish you luck in getting a new truck. I was wondering if it had been recovered. Obviously not.
Sean

Nice rig Sean - Met you at CM05 ( Blue tent with the chili lights) I thought your rig was a real eye catcher there - Stout and ready

Hope mine will grow up like yours someday soon...

( with the 6") How does it drive down the highway stabiltiy wise?

Very Nice!!!

So the 6" springs handle THAT much better than the J's?

Beautiful place too. Another place I need to go.

:cheers:

Nice write up and pics Sean. It's gotta be one of the best setup 80s around.

Your place looks like my buddies backyard in the Nakusp area (gotta love it).

I also love the pic of the crack on Golden Spike. I need that one in 8x10 at my desk just to freak out the nerds.

MTNRAT said:
Pulls pretty good though, however pullin the bobcat up 9% grades slows you down to 30mph unless you want to give it WOT, but I would rather not.
Sean

I think I would agree with not going WOT.

Nice rig RAT very well set up.

I gotta stop looking at Slee's 6" lift, I keep having thoughts that don't lend themselves to staying happily married.

I see you have two different electric antenna switches. What is the second used for?

Nice Rig.

Todd. The electrical antenna switch by the locker and mirror control is for the winch. Really nice just to be able to control the winch while inside, but I still use the hand remote to respool the cable. Had Slee Offroad hook it up while I was down there.
Bluepaddler. IMO the 6" do handle better than the Js. They definitely tow better, but to be less subjective I would have to switch everthing out and re set up for the Js. Also I have had th 6" in longer and used them more, and the ride has softened a little, so that speed bumps in the mall are pretty cushy.
Sean

Hey!

Nice rig. I recognize it anywhere it has such a unique stance and color combo (in a good way) I met you on the Golden Spike run during Cruise Moab 2004. I don't think you had the 6" lift then but you still had a very stout truck.

Question on the heated seats....Did you install yourself? If so, how hard/easy was it and is it worth the effort?

Yep installed the heated seats myself. Took about 2-3 hrs per seat. First time doing that though so went slowly. Just needed hog rings and hog ring pliers. Have to look at how sitting on the seat will create stress on the element and install accordingly.
Sean

I like how you laid all the switches and stuff out on the dash. nice that the heated seat switch matches the dimmer rheostat so it all looks super clean.
This is actually my fav pic of your rig (from Alvaro's site)- after I saw that, I said ok- black&grey can look cool :D
Image-3E64C698BFF311D9.jpg

Very nice rig! Did you source out the heating elements for the seats or are they Slee/aftermarket?

Niiiiiiiiiiice truck and I will add that you are fortunate to live in one of the most beautiful places in North America! I will be out that way in January:).

In the towing pics are you using a OEM hitch or something else rigged up with the Slee bumper? It looks like the pintle is actually in a receiver but I can't tell for sure?

Kevin, the seat heaters are from slee.
Sean

snow, I am using a pintle in a receiver that is similar to the slee receiver.
If you come out this way PM me. I assume you are coming to go skiing or snowmobiling.
Sean

awesome rig, how many cases of beer is it for couch surfin duty in February?
I'd love to ski at Fernie in the real Pow!

Nice.... more about the heated seats please.

Also so would you say that my wife or your wife etc. would feel that the ride better or the same as the 2.5" lift (for on road peformance you know).

Nice rig A.

HE HE
Sam

Sam for and on road bias the 2 1/2" is better. I don't know your wife, but when I put the Js back on for a bit after the 6" springs (for comparison), she complained bitterly. I had to put the 6" springs back on pronto! She just loves to drive the cruiser.
As for the heated seats, I just ordered them from Ben. He told me I needed hog rings and hogring pliers to do the job. I had never taken seats apart before so after removing them from the truck I carefully removed the hogs rings that I thought I needed to. After doing the first seat I was able to do the second much faster and removing fewer hog rings. I was flying blind, but it worked out.
Sean

She's a beaut Sean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom