Builds ROTW Darwood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice rig :)

Your sliders are in Cali :D

Once Darwood gets off his butt and posts some more pics, it should be evident that he has one very nice and clean rig. Maybe with the sliders he'll be willing to tackle some REAL trails :grinpimp:

Hooray! my sliders are in Cali. I'll have to PM you Doug to set up a time I can get them. I'm excited more so for the step part. Getting into my cruiser isn't the easiest thing with the lift. It's always fun to watch newbies trying to get into my truck.

The fender flare gaskets add up to be about $100 for all 4 corners. $10 here and $20 there adds up fast. Driley if you really want I can always send the gasket back ;)

The side moulding adds up to be about $350, which is not cheap by any measure.

I'll try to get some more interior pics, especially of the wheel and shifter. In the mean time just picture replacing the leather with rubber. The shifter I think was about $30-40 the wheel was quite a bit more.

Doug is right about the steelies coming from CDan. The are about $120 apiece, which is on the high side for steel wheels, however if you go with custom steel wheels it'll cost you about the same, plus you can get the neat Toyota center caps which will set you back some more.

Looking good Derek
:cheers:

Added some photos of my new 315/75r16s on post #5.

looks awesome still got the steelies...no regear?

looks awesome still got the steelies...no regear?

Yep, still with the steelies and no regear yet. It's really not that bad compared to the 295's. The braking requires a little bit more force and the acceleration is a little less. I just pretend I'm driving a 3fe now ;p

Yep, still with the steelies and no regear yet. It's really not that bad compared to the 295's. The braking requires a little bit more force and the acceleration is a little less. I just pretend I'm driving a 3fe now ;p

I wouldn't say it is over rated by any means to reagear an 80 with 35's, but even with the lower gears their still dogs.... Oh well...IMO...:cheers:

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it is over rated by any means to reagear a 80 with 35's, put even with the lower gears their still dogs.... Oh well...IMO...:cheers:

Gears will be going in at some time... just not now... (well unless someone wants to give me the funds ;p)

Looks a lot better with the 315's IMO.

Have you got a pic of the Camry headunit installed?

Nice job, Darwood. Great looking rig - still one of my favorite colors. I need to buy a lotto ticket so I can start my build. My build money is going to fixing up the nursery (and allll the other associates co$t$) for little Tyler on the way.:cheers:

I will be adding more as it becomes available ;) (or I stop being lazy)

edit: added more

Now with 315/75/16s

315s1.jpg

315s3.jpg

315s2.jpg

315s4.jpg

Darwood - What kind of cross bars are those up on top?

Great looking rig!

Darwood - What kind of cross bars are those up on top?

Great looking rig!

Those are the African Outback load bars available from Slee. I had them up there to transport a ladder. Usually I go bare top to get that .000001 mpg increase. :D

I initially used them to mount my Technitop roof top tent, until I was able to get an Outback roof rack.

Have you got a pic of the Camry headunit installed?

Added some pictures. This time with pictures of the head unit. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom