Builds ROTW - Bull (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.oregongrain.com
Vehicle Stats
1997 Anniversary Edition #316 Emerald
Electric Lockers
Stock 1FZ Engine
Stock A343 Transmission

Modifications
TRD Supercharger
OME Lift 3.5 J Springs
Castor correction plates
CDL Switch
Slee headlight harness
315/75/16 Toyo Open Country MTs
Slee tire carrier
Whistler 3300CI radar detector
Cobra CB
Garmin GPS
Uniden Bearcat Scanner

We just bought the vehicle recently and are very pleased with the purchase. I'm sure someone will chime in who knows this vehicle. I was playing with the GPS and there was a waypoint for Christo on it. The only thing I have done on the vehicle is put new 315/75/16 Toyo Open Country MTs on it.

This past weekend we took it up in the hills and played around, it performed well! If any

Upcoming Modifications
Slee Rear Bumper
Sliders
Front Bumper
Winch

25mb Movie of the 80 blowing through a mud hole. (right click save)

May06-277.jpg

May06-301.jpg

May06-325.jpg

May06-363.jpg

Bearcat Scanner
May06-389.jpg

Radar Detector and GPS
May06-390.jpg

CB and Rear Light Switch
May06-391.jpg

Engine w/Supercharger
May06-392.jpg

May06-393.jpg

Spare Tire Carrier
May06-394.jpg

Toyo Open Country MTs
May06-395.jpg

Last edited:
bull- amazing find if you got the rig that way!

Any more info on the radar detector install? I see the remote displays mounted in the sunroof console, but where are the detector electronics mounted?

Also, you say you have a Slee Tire Carrier, but from the pics it appears to be a tire carrier mounted to the OEM bumper, more like a Kaymar. However, I've never seen a tow hitch mounted to what appears to be the factory pintle holes in the OEM bumper- what type of hitch is that? is that whole setup really Slee?

Again, great rig!

Last edited:
Very nice truck.

Nice write up. And nice addition to your stable of FJ's. Lucky bastard.:flipoff2:

Do you have any road noise with those Toyo's?

alaskacruiser said:
bull- amazing find if you got the rig that way!

Any more info on the radar detector install? I see the remote displays mounted in the sunroof console, but where are the detector electronics mounted?

Also, you say you have a Slee Tire Carrier, but from the pics it appears to be a tire carrier mounted to the OEM bumper, more like a Kaymar?

Thanks I felt lucky when we stumbled across it :)

The electronics are attached to the windshield behind the rear view mirror.

I was told it was a 1st generation slee tire carrier. I will see if there is a name on it.

jklubens said:
Nice write up. And nice addition to your stable of FJ's. Lucky bastard.:flipoff2:

Do you have any road noise with those Toyo's?

I resemble that remark!!:flipoff2:

Having both Wrangler MTs and the Toyo MTs..The Toyo's hands down are quieter on the road. I really do like them off and on the road!

Nice truck. I think that may be a TJM carrier. I know Christo sells or use to sell those for installation into the stock bumper, but I could be wrong.

Great Ride

Hey Bull -

Awesome looking rig. It gives me something to aspire to. Maybe when my LC grows up, it can look like yours :crybaby:

Enjoy!

Hey man, I noticed you said you just put the 315 Toyo's on. Where did you find those??? I looked for months and couldn't locate any in the US...

sweet truck btw!

Romer said:
Nice truck. I think that may be a TJM carrier. I know Christo sells or use to sell those for installation into the stock bumper, but I could be wrong.
Nope - many moons ago Slee built some of these, used to be info on them in the "past projects" section of his site. They didn't make the site upgrade it looks like now ...

Nice truck Bull!

:cheers:

Tucker

Bull,

Very nice truck.
Congratulations.

Regards

Alvaro

So are you in MN or WA state? Nice zip ties on the license plate. My front plate is the same.

Where the heck did you find those tires! I have them too. But right after I bought mine they sort of became unavailable. I only have 4. Sometimes I wish I could get a matching spare to throw into the mix.

It looks like the previous owner did some really clean work installing things.

One last thing. The JS are 3.5" not 2.5"

Bull,

Awesome rig! Do you have any driveline vibes with the J lift and no armor. I am considering the same lift but currently don't have any armor. Your rig may have sealed the deal though.

Thanks,
Travis

Are you having any luck navigating with that Street Pilot? Mine is useless. Might need a software update. Just curious if yours works well.

TJK

(Oh, nice truck!)

Nice build! what use to be above the bearcat scanner????

FJBen said:
Hey man, I noticed you said you just put the 315 Toyo's on. Where did you find those??? I looked for months and couldn't locate any in the US...

sweet truck btw!

I got them from Les Schwab Tires. The scoop is that Toyo just built a US factory for these tires and it is now complete as of this month. They are filling back orders now and will commence with production by mid-june I believe. This is all second hand.

That being said. I ordered a 315 spare in Sept and I just got it last week.

ginericfj80 said:
So are you in MN or WA state? Nice zip ties on the license plate. My front plate is the same.

Where the heck did you find those tires! I have them too. But right after I bought mine they sort of became unavailable. I only have 4. Sometimes I wish I could get a matching spare to throw into the mix.

It looks like the previous owner did some really clean work installing things.

One last thing. The JS are 3.5" not 2.5"

I live in Washington, but it was bought in Minnesota. It was originally a Colorado rig..

Fixed the spring height thanks :)

Kaderabek said:
Are you having any luck navigating with that Street Pilot? Mine is useless. Might need a software update. Just curious if yours works well.

TJK

(Oh, nice truck!)

It works..the maps are old but it gets me close ;)

clarkrw3 said:
Nice build! what use to be above the bearcat scanner????

Not sure..weather reports..Lookin out for the po po... I haven't used it yet

Bull, I'm curious as to where were the off road pictures taken? I live in WA too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom