Builds ROTW 4dmalamute (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nice build. might want to re-index your pos battery leads. you dont want to short them to the hold-down bracket. those optima batteries are great but they are a little bit smaller than stock battery, making them more prone to slide side-to-side. mine slides around some because of damage to battery tray.

Nice rig...can you provide some more information/detail about the Con Fer roof rack? Does not appear to be a standard offering from them (at least from their web site).
size (W x L x H)
Mounts (4.5" or 6" tall)
Light mounts (light cage?)

Thanks

I purchase the rack a couple of years back before Con-Ferr sold their company (they sold, then opened under new owners etc). I think the rack was 6 feet long, and 4 feet wide and 4 inches tall. The mounts were their standard bulldog clamp (4.5 inches I think). The light mounts were from them as well. Just the standard 4 inch clamps (matches the heigth of the rack) that mount right on to the rack. Also, this rack was the solid one piece, not the bolt together one.....I purchased it through 4wheelparts (after I called Con-Ferr and made sure they made it and had it in stock!)

Cheers,
chans

nice build. might want to re-index your pos battery leads. you dont want to short them to the hold-down bracket. those optima batteries are great but they are a little bit smaller than stock battery, making them more prone to slide side-to-side. mine slides around some because of damage to battery tray.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the tip on this. I will re-check my setup. Its been a couple of years and so far so good........:beer:

Nice truck! I live just north of you, in Modesto. Should get together sometime and compare notes. Mine's mostly stock, and it'll probably stay that way for the forseeable future, although I have a huge wish list as you can imagine. With the lockers, the truck is very capable, even bone stock. I use it hunting every year, and it takes me just about anywhere I need to go. Great pics, and writeup!

Nice truck! I live just north of you, in Modesto. Should get together sometime and compare notes. Mine's mostly stock, and it'll probably stay that way for the forseeable future, although I have a huge wish list as you can imagine. With the lockers, the truck is very capable, even bone stock. I use it hunting every year, and it takes me just about anywhere I need to go. Great pics, and writeup!

I sent you a PM. That is cool there is anothe cruiser head around these parts!:beer:

did you have to use a DC driveshaft? I love your setup and think I'm going to do something similar.

did you have to use a DC driveshaft? I love your setup and think I'm going to do something similar.

I ran out of funds before I could get the DC driveshaft(s). There is a vibration and whatnot but I have gotten used to it for now.:eek:

chans

Nice configuration.

Maybe I missed it, but could you post some pics and write up on how you ran your power and control wiring up to the roof rack for your lights?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom