ROTM- klinetime574 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not sure on that one J. These Rigid products are bulletproof though. Literally. I'd post a link but I'm on my phone.

Instead here is a picture.

image.jpg

#pavementprincess

@reevesci @dbleon

I can barely tell the Hellas are on when the Rigid LED's are on.

I'm gonna pull the trigger on some bulbs for the Hellas that match the rest. Or maybe I can just put HIDs in them. Would make the rest of the wiring harness pointless though. Hmm

They are pretty frickin bright. I lit up the whole street at my apartment complex. The building at the end looked like the sun was shining on it. Probably 100 yards away.

Once I have more money (a long time from now) I'll probably get a bar for the front and mount these small ones on the rear :)

Well I moved into a rent house. Have a two car garage now. Yay.

Re-tuned the carb today because I had done it incorrectly before. I also was finally able to rebuild my fan clutch. I split it open and have it draining at the moment.

Some pics

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I had to smack my impact screwdriver surprisingly hard to get those out!

I'm having an issue with my engine shutting off when I hit a sudden incline. Possible fuel level issue in the bowl? Once the rig shuts off it has a hard time starting. I depress the gas pedal to floor and hold (hot start procedure). Once it catches, it stumbles and won't hold idle. Black smoke out of the tailpipe. Can't smell anything because I'm smell blind, so nothing to report there. Once that evens out it will hold idle. No issues driving on the street at all, but I probably should get this fixed before I go wheeling... Haha

I'm having an issue with my engine shutting off when I hit a sudden incline. Possible fuel level issue in the bowl? Once the rig shuts off it has a hard time starting. I depress the gas pedal to floor and hold (hot start procedure). Once it catches, it stumbles and won't hold idle. Black smoke out of the tailpipe. Can't smell anything because I'm smell blind, so nothing to report there. Once that evens out it will hold idle. No issues driving on the street at all, but I probably should get this fixed before I go wheeling... Haha

Sounds like it's just an issue with the adjustments of the idle mixture screw and idle speed screw (i.e. lean drop method), because if you are seeing the gas level in the sight glass of the fuel bowl come up to 1/2 way, then the float should be set ok.

What kind of float was in there...metal or 'foam'...do you remember from the rebuild?

I found that it takes several tries to get the hang of setting those idle screws. After the carb rebuild, they become sensitive to small adjustments. And after you adjust them with the engine hot, then go to start/run the next day you will see how good a job you did the day before. But pretty soon you will get an idea for the 'sweet spot' setting for the two screws relative to each other and you should see improvement on hot starts.

If not, ask @Pin_Head , he should be able to help trouble shoot.

On the cold starts (fast idle screw adjustment), however, it is imperative that that choke plate makes a nice, very tight seal over the throat of the carb when the choke handle is pulled all the way out. If you pull the choke handle out, then go to the carb and push down on the choke plate...and if there is any movement (like even 1mm), you've got to take up the slack on that cable. Push the choke handle back in, then unscrew the cable housing from the bracket (behind the carb) and pull back on the cable housing enough to take up slack in the cable that attaches to the plate arm and refasten the housing to the bracket at this new setting...adjusting as necessary....

Last edited:

This sounds like a sticky float / inlet needle valve issue so that the bowl is overfilling on an incline. Remove the top cover of the carb (this can be done without removing the carb). Replace the inlet needle valve assembly. Check the float and set the float level. Reassemble.

Thanks for the input guys.

I'll tackle this soon. I just had a hot start issue that happened a few hours on flat ground. I need to verify the float level for sure.

@Slow Left I believe my float was the metal type. Yellow-y and pretty light feeling.

@Pin_Head so the float is getting stuck in the "down" position and the carb is pumping more fuel into the bowl? Makes sense.

Although maybe I didn't set the float level right in the first place. But that's odd because this issue just popped up a week ago. I've put ~1,500+ miles on this carb already.

Bottom line. I need to check the float level :)

How is the rig Kline? You doing ok brother.

J

It's doing good. I haven't messed with the carb yet. It keeps running. So, yeah.

I cleaned my SOR diamond plate rubber cargo mat a few days ago and then yesterday a buddy with a 100 Series wanted to get rid of his cargo organizer. So I went to his house and got it installed. It was a little too wide. Narrowed it and it fit between the wheel wells. The depth from seat back to tailgate was good.

I need to figure out what to do with my sub, obviously.

image.jpg

I'm also gonna narrow that top platform so that black box can fit better. And then I can store the ammo can underneath where my lug wrench is.

I've also played with my OEM fan clutch. Pretty sure I put too much fluid in it. And the Torqflo unit I pulled out, which I thought was bad must be good. I'm gonna swap them and then remove fluid from the OEM after it sits for a few days. :D

It's doing good. I haven't messed with the carb yet. It keeps running. So, yeah.

I cleaned my SOR diamond plate rubber cargo mat a few days ago and then yesterday a buddy with a 100 Series wanted to get rid of his cargo organizer. So I went to his house and got it installed. It was a little too wide. Narrowed it and it fit between the wheel wells. The depth from seat back to tailgate was good.

I need to figure out what to do with my sub, obviously.

View attachment 939082

I'm also gonna narrow that top platform so that black box can fit better. And then I can store the ammo can underneath where my lug wrench is.

I've also played with my OEM fan clutch. Pretty sure I put too much fluid in it. And the Torqflo unit I pulled out, which I thought was bad must be good. I'm gonna swap them and then remove fluid from the OEM after it sits for a few days. :D

A, can you fit/build the sub into the organizer up by the seat back.. I am trying to figure out how to get my 10s designed into the rear box I will build for Goss and that seems to be the most reasonable spot for them.. I have 4, but may just use 2 of them.

J

Happy Birthday to me!!

The :princess: surprised me with these. She got help from friends and family to research/ buy them. Thanks @Rockets2000 and @MaTm

Wet Okole seat covers for those of you unfamiliar with them. Also have the rear bench cover. I'll get a photo of that later. I didn't get to install them, but I heard it was a sweaty endeavor. The fit is great. A little added cushion too.

image.jpg

Last edited:
A, I'm sorry for the delay... HAPPY B-DAY! I think I'm usually first to congrat you....... The new forum design makes me HUNT for the B-days now...

Buy yourself a six and send me the bill bro!... I have the Okoles in the shopping cart for Goss... I really like them and they look very nice in your '84. How do you like the feel and fit?

J

@reevesci The Okoles fit great and I like the feel. It actually makes sliding out of the seat easier. Hopefully it won't get worn out from that haha. I want to get the seat bottom fixed up because the cushion is really gone. The covers are a good cover up but I'd rather have a solid seat.

Thanks for the birthday wish! :D

Changed my oil tonight and tried wrapping my steering wheel with paracord. I like it. Only did a portion, but that was just for testing. Came out pretty well. Will need to order more. Probably gonna stick with black. Pretty sure this is fake 550 cord, but hey it was free. Had it in a box for months, and then realized I could use it for this.

wheelwrap1.jpg

wheelwrap2.jpg

wheelwrap3.jpg

wheelwrap4.jpg

You can also see a glimpse of my TRD floor mats my friend gave me from his old Tacoma. :D

And if anyone wants the old leather one I removed let me know and it's yours. I saved the string for it, didn't cut it all up. The leather is beat as you can see in the photos, but would be good if you want an even thicker steering wheel (put paracord over the leather cover).

:beer:

Changed my oil tonight

Kiline, I noticed you are using the Delo LE motor oil...are you adding any Zinc additive to that?

I used the Delo LE in my last oil change and plan to use it again for my next oil change (because I already purchased it), but have read threads here on MUD about the low Zinc content in that oil...and how engines with flat tappet heads, like the 2F, requires higher Zinc concentrations in the oil...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom