Rosen aircraft sunvisor to replace sagging visor? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would think a "sun visor" would block the sun but this is a "very large sun glass" setup. You could invest in a nice set of sun glasses and they go with you in any vehicle and good at every angle you turn your head. :meh:

I could hear the :princess: now "How do I get rid of the sun?" :hmm:

Got all the info I needed. Just placed the order this morning with Dan at Rosen.

My visors just came in. Figured I would try the standard before getting the longer ones.
image-2269905963.jpg
image-1991066505.jpg
image-2618347567.jpg
image-2609151867.jpg
image-2468872034.jpg
image-348690527.jpg
image-928243677.jpg
image-2275649173.jpg

Nice, NLXTACY. Enjoy. I'm loving them so far.

If you haven't installed yet, just an FYI, I just reused the OEM post to headliner screws, the Rosen ones seem like a wrong thread pattern. I spent too long wondering if I was just being slow :)

NLXTACY said:
My visors just came in. Figured I would try the standard before getting the longer ones.

TEEDIGGS thanks for the warning. It prevented about ten minutes of stupidity :p

I got the driver's side on and adjusted. The passenger needs to wait because I just noticed it was missing a mounting screw which I will of course need.

So I take it the lube goes onto each of the shafts? :flipoff2: There was no mention in the instructions.

I FINALLY installed my Rosen visors today and got a chance to test them out on a drive straight into the setting sun. They take a bit of getting used to, but they really are slick, and gone are the days when the top half of my peripheral is obscured by a sagging rotten visor. Big thumbs up so far!

So I haven't had a chance to check it out myself yet but my wife says she likes them but she needs to get used to it as well. She said its awesome that she can be looking right into the sun and all she sees is a bright ball. She did say there are two things that concerns her:

1. She now needs to pay more attention to road signs because the visor is dark enough to black out signs and even STOP sign lettering can be difficult to see depending on the ambient light.

2. When looking forward into the sun, with the visor covering the sun, the pupils of her eyes adjust to the dark of the visor and the light of the ambient. But when she has to look quick to the left or right for blind spots, the pupils in her eyes aren't adjusted yet and the sides look overly dark.

Curious to experience them myself.

NLXTACY,

10 minutes was pretty right on par for me :D

Sorry for the delay but yes, I pretty much just lubed everything that seemed to move that didn't come pre-lubed, definitely the posts.

Finally located a screw to complete this project. Pretty happy. I'm thinking now about cutting into my headliner to try and add the mirror and light back on. :hmm:

Love how well they work.

image-166759453.jpg

image-317693005.jpg

image-2401094075.jpg

image-1542425720.jpg

Finally located a screw to complete this project. Pretty happy. I'm thinking now about cutting into my headliner to try and add the mirror and light back on. :hmm:

Love how well they work.

I've tried to source the drop down mirror from an LS 460 ... the one for rear passengers but haven't had any luck finding a totaled LS ..or the Audi A8 long wheelbase they have a similar mirror
Lou

I've tried to source the drop down mirror from an LS 460 ... the one for rear passengers but haven't had any luck finding a totaled LS ..or the Audi A8 long wheelbase they have a similar mirror
Lou

Hmm, I will keep my eyes open.

Can any of you guys that bought these visors tell me how they are holding up after a year of use?

Love it and still think it's a great mod. My wife wants me to make an adapter to use these on her IS.

Mine haven't changed a bit. I love them. I checked Rosen's site and they now have multiple lenses to choose from.

Dan

Love it and still think it's a great mod. My wife wants me to make an adapter to use these on her IS.
Same here....its not like they are going to wear out
Mine haven't changed a bit. I love them. I checked Rosen's site and they now have multiple lenses to choose from.

Dan

Thank you guys!:beer:

Do any of you know if the 7S10075-03 part number is still the number I would use to order these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom