Rosen aircraft sunvisor to replace sagging visor? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok to keep the :princess: happy ..my cost on one mirror assembly $234...ouch...I bet you could find a totaled LS or Audi and save a bunch. I'm going to check our body shop and see if we have any totaled LS460's sitting on the ground

Lou

Well not the priciest thing. I guess I should add this to my list of crap to try in find at my local pick n pull. Thanks for the info.

Yep, I'll get my wife to take them tomorrow. The ICON pic shown is a little misleading due to the windshield dimensions.

There may be some mods to make them more effective. The arm sticks down below the windshield due to the length of the stem of the mount. I experimented with pvc pipe bushings to pull the stem up into the mount, but gave up on it. I am thinking about a tundra lens on these arms, but I'm going to run them for awhile as they are.

Anyhow you'll see in the pictures. They work.

Dan

here are the pics

These pics are taken with my BlackBerry resting on the headrest. The first pic is how I have it positioned. Sort of "in the middle". The second is just turned straight down. The third is fully extended on the arm
Rosen Visor 1.jpg
Rosen Visor 3.jpg
Rosen Visor 4.jpg

Last edited:
More Pics

These show the sweep of the arm
Rosen Visor 7.jpg
Rosen Visor 8.jpg

This shows it turned on the mount to the side window. The first fully retracted. The second is fully extended.
Rosen Visor 5.jpg
Rosen Visor 6.jpg

Group Buy

I've never run a group buy before. The only one i have participated in was for the turn signal wire harness.

I'll do it, but I may make mistakes and need enlightenment along the way.

Dan

Kinda cool but way too spendy for me.

I also think "cheese wagon" when I see that. HAHA

I'm in at $245/set. I think that puts us at 5 more people needed.

I've never run a group buy before. The only one i have participated in was for the turn signal wire harness.

I'll do it, but I may make mistakes and need enlightenment along the way.

Dan

Basically the person that organized the group buy arranges the pricing with the manufacturing.

Then that person tracks the interest and secures the minimum number of people required to secure the reduced pricing.

Said person then works with the manufacturer to detail delivery time. When shipping date is determined then group buy sucker...er I mean, organizer... then lists payment details. Either all money goes to organizer and organizer pays manufacturer or payment is arranged direct to manufacturer. Most manufacturers do not like this because it means people don't commit at the last minute. ALWAYS happens.

Shipping can be drop shipped from manufacturer (not usually) or entire order goes to group buy organizer who then gets shipping details and ships to the individual participants to the group buy.

Things can go wrong and you get little appreciation but its fun. Sometimes.

Your results may vary

Last edited:
Start a new thread

NLXTACY,

Should I start a new thread or do you want to edit the title of this one to announce the group buy?

Dan

NLXTACY,

Should I start a new thread or do you want to edit the title of this one to announce the group buy?

Dan

Hehe, I'm actually not a mod so I can't change anything :p

Starting a new thread titled "group buy for x" means that it gets hidden in classifieds. Keeping it here means more eyeballs reach it.

Starting the group buy here AND keeping the thread technical and relevant means it would likely stay here. Adding content (posts) means this thread stays up top which means more people read and enter the group buy.

Side note: I'm trying to get my hands on one to see how they are designed and assembled. I'm curious if getting it without the black anodize is available. If so I would like to anodize it to match the interior. Rosen may be able to or else I could have it done. My company anodized thousands of parts a week so I have access ;)

So it looks like we're not going to have ten people interested in the group buy. So I have found a $16-$19 alternative called the Sun Zapper.. Bought two versions off Amazon...I'll
post a review next week when they arrive.

http://sunzapper.com/
image-4207465099.jpg

Three variations arrived today two from Sun Zapper and the other one from a nameless company. One of the Sun Zappers has a darker panel that you can slide for blocking the sun and the other one has a flip down panel for better coverage . The whole panel slides on the third one...I'm be very curious to see what it's like to drive with them down ...could be just the ticket I'm looking for... but I'm still in if we get 10 for the Rosen

Lou
image-1396114145.jpg
image-2499129928.jpg
image-1982319857.jpg
image-3754418502.jpg
image-2801225338.jpg
image-3422222108.jpg

I purchased exactly these visors (though not branded the same as these). The color is slightly off the stock Lexus Oak color, so I had to repaint them, but then ended up GREAT. This is more than just bling- my passengers love being able to watch video and still have a mirror. I obviously didn't need a monitor for the driver's side, but for $99 for the pair, they can't be beat. Good stuff.

There are loads of $200+ sunglasses you can buy that you'll never want to take off- and for 100 bucks- you can buy a set of visors w/ 7" monitors in them,,....
EVERVOX EV-7003 CAR VIDEO SUNVISOR SUN VISOR RIGHT+LEFT 7"MONITORS SCREENS BEIGE | eBay

Still looking to do the Rosen's. Anyone else interested before I just get there on my own?

I may follow your lead and just buy a set.... my concern is the length ..... 4 inches shorter then the stock visor and really don't want to loosen knob to extend the visor... If that's how they work. . I spoke to Rosen yesterday to see if they would just sell me the arms....I have a client who has a optical plastic company who will cut any length and shape I want and mount to the Rosen arm... I'm looking into that as an option , for a few bucks more I'd prefer a longer visor

Lou

I just got off the phone with Dan Cable at Rosen. He will extend the $245.00/set price for 6 sets. According to post #89 we need 5 more buyers.

If you will advise me of your contact info I will assemble the list, transmit it to Dan and he can contact the perticioants or you can contact him to order. So, PM me your contact/shipping info.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom