Rosen aircraft sunvisor to replace sagging visor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Argh! The suspense!

So is it thumbs up or thumbs down? Or is two snaps with your fingers in Z formation ?

The 3M headlight film isn't optically clear, and it will bug you looking through it at bright sun. It is very clear, but looking through it when new you have consistent mild distortion, vs undoubtedly an optically clear visor intended for pilots to maintain crisp vision.

So, you'd protect it, but not enjoy looking through it.

DougM

Is this group buy dead or do we need someone else to pick up the ball.... I have new factory visors in my 80 but had a chance to put about 300 miles on a clients Icon and loved the Rosen visors

Lou

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

i'm in for a group buy ~

I would totally handle the group buy but I leave for Asia for a month so I couldn't do that to you guys. I'm still in if the group buy happens.

Lou, you're not too busy right? :flipoff2:

Apologies

My apologies to the group for not getting the pictures posted. I still can't find my camera and I'm having fuel pump issues that have taken precedence.

I have used them a little and they work. They are shorter than OEM by about three inches. They extend about six inches so you can get the visor between you and the sun. The arms adjust up and own to cover a pretty good area.

I am traveling this week, but I'll do my best to get pictures up on Friday.

Sorry again,

Dan

Thanks Dan. We'd all love to see pics if you can manage to get them posted.

I'm subscribing and interested if the group buy happens.

NLXTACY said:
I would totally handle the group buy but I leave for Asia for a month so I couldn't do that to you guys. I'm still in if the group buy happens.

Lou, you're not too busy right? :flipoff2:

Let's say I had the time which I do ... The question is do we have ten people who can pony up the funds right now... These group buys seem to arouse a lot of "I'm interested"... So I'll start the ball and will let Darne handle it..if you want to?
Otherwise I'll do it ..... So I'm in and ready to pony up some cash.. We need 9 more

Lou

I can move the funds from my lift fund. I can pony up anytime.

Lou, any negatives you can tell from using them? If you still have the truck in the shop can you get snap happy with the pics?

Did I miss it or has someone posted pics of them installed?

NLXTACY said:
I can move the funds from my lift fund. I can pony up anytime.

Lou, any negatives you can tell from using them? If you still have the truck in the shop can you get snap happy with the pics?

The Icon was sold but they look like the pictures you posted ... cannot remember the exact shape
So looks like we need 8 more..
Darne you must have a friend with a camera or a smart phone that could shot a picture and email it to you
I few of the guys here have already posted there concerns but thought they were great

Lou

Sign me up too. 6 more. I still would like to see pics of them in an 80 though.

+++field communiqué+++

So on the drive from dinner tonight I was telling my wife that this mod "may" actually happen. She pointed out that she is hoping that I will have a solution of the 4WD placard that is on the DS visor, but also hoping I have a solution for the lighted mirrors. Uh oh.

As I was looking at it, I was thinking about perhaps mounting the light and mirror portion onto the headliner directly above the visor. Thoughts? Gotta make the :princess: happy :D

I may have that solution.. The Lexus LS460 has mirrors with lights for the rear passengers in the ceiling. I'll check the price today and let you know. Very similar to this one from the Audi A8
Lou

image-4191598350.jpg

Last edited:
I may have that solution.. The Lexus LS460 has mirrors with lights for the rear passengers in the ceiling. I'll check the price today and let you know. Very similar to this one from the Audi A8
Lou

THAT would work perfectly!

So on the drive from dinner tonight I was telling my wife that this mod "may" actually happen. She pointed out that she is hoping that I will have a solution of the 4WD placard that is on the DS visor, but also hoping I have a solution for the lighted mirrors. Uh oh.

As I was looking at it, I was thinking about perhaps mounting the light and mirror portion onto the headliner directly above the visor. Thoughts? Gotta make the :princess: happy :D
Ok to keep the :princess: happy ..my cost on one mirror assembly $234...ouch...I bet you could find a totaled LS or Audi and save a bunch. I'm going to check our body shop and see if we have any totaled LS460's sitting on the ground

Lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom