Rosen aircraft sunvisor to replace sagging visor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1978HJ45 said:
If you are flying around in a Jetstream 31 you have much bigger issues than the sun shining in your eyes.

Ha ha! They sure do.

I use Rosen visors at work. Usually a map is clipped to it to block the bright sunlight. You are able to see through them but they scratch easy reducing clarity.

I think the taco route or refurbishing your OEMs are the way to go cost wise plus I don't like to be reminded of work on my day off while driving my cruiser.

Tag to see where this goes....I could do with some replacements

At $285 for a pair, I would be interested in the ICON model which I assume fits the standard FJ40/45 mounting holes/pattern. My 80 ones are brand new non-US models for subtank console, so set there already.

:cheers:

Steve

Last edited:
I use these sun visors every day as I fly around Europe professionally and I would say from experience that I would invest that money in a good pair of sunglasses in stead of these visors. They scratch up easily, get dirty easily and i n the end you still wear your sunnies, since the area around the visor is too damn bright in comparison. On top of that, when folded up, or out of the way, they have a tendency to hit you in the head at some point due to clamping "fatigue". Although they are good when the sun is shining in from the side - it takes away the glare and you still keep your perifiral vision functional.

My opinion - maybe not what you wanna hear, but you asked... ;)

Cheers

Last edited:
additional 2005 toyota tundra visors pics

additional 2005 toyota tundra visors pics

Last edited:
Wish I could help, I have this visor making machine sitting in my shop, but it only assembles the sliding/pivoting guts. Originally for Saturn visors, now Johnson Controls is coming up with another use for it, we'll have to modify it some. If someone else happens to have the machine that makes the tubes, and another someone makes the outer visor...
visormachine.jpg
visorguts.jpg

I also did the tunda visors. $50 from a yard. Have the main visor and the smaller second visor. Makes it nice to have that second option when the sun keeps bouncing back and forth at the pillar.

Group Buy Available

I just got off the phone with Dan Cable at Rosen. They will agree to a group buy price of $245.00 per set for 10 sets.

He is sending an additional picture of the ICON mount. I'll post that up when I get it.

Dan

Count me in. I'm traveling extensively right now and not totally WiFi accessible but I'm 100% in.

Group Buy Available

I ordered a set of the ICON style this morning. I'll install them and see how they fit. That way we know what to order.

Dan

Here is the ICON mount. It's the one on the left.

Rosen ICON MOUNT.jpg

Dan
Rosen ICON MOUNT.jpg

i wonder if some of the clear plastic film that's on tvs/monitors/picture glass/everything else like that would help keep scratching and dust down?

i wonder if some of the clear plastic film that's on tvs/monitors/picture glass/everything else like that would help keep scratching and dust down?

Good idea, lemon. I'm still very curious about this visor option. I've heard only great things about the 3M headlight film, wonder if that could possibly work in this application.

DARNE's keeping us captive at this point. He said he ordered so I've been holding off in case there is an issue. I feel like I might as well order them despite his efforts.

Got em

Sorry I haven't posted sooner. I bought the Icon units and they are in the truck. I can't find my camera so I haven't updated the thread. I'll update with pics this evening.

Darne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom