1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rosen aircraft sunvisor to replace sagging visor?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by NLXTACY, Jul 25, 2012.

1. NLXTACY

NLXTACY Mud Life Sentence

So after a bunch of sleuthing I finally figured out who TLC gets their sunvisors from for the ICON 40 series. Turns out its Rosen and they specialize in aircraft sunvisors:
    Rosen Sunvisor Systems - Jetstream 31

Sooo since my driver's side is starting to sag...again, I figured I would replace them with coolness. I wanted to find out from those that are pilots, what do you think of the sunvisors? I love the thought of being able to see through the visor regardless of sun angle. The mount may be an issue because I would have to customize something but I can get that done fairly easy now.

thoughts?
  2. NLXTACY

A few pics...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Mattnatti

Mattnatti See a Doctor and get rid of it.

Looks pretty cool and affective.
  4. Sc0-

Sc0- New Member

I am not a pilot but they do look good, price?
  5. Nothing to add, other than subscribed....
  6. davegonz

davegonz Keeping it Weird SILVER Star

7. NLXTACY

Yeah they are pricey but only a little more than OEM and oak doesn't exist anymore. Plus, yes, absolutely more affective. I can do anything about it right now but there is a Rosen dealer near my by the Van Nuys airport. When I come back I will definitely be checking these out and trying out a pair.
  8. Banana sauce

Banana sauce Regular Member

Great idea but $400! Think I could make my own and use a limo type tint.
  9. IanB

IanB SILVER Star

Those look very cool! Group buy?
  10. NLXTACY

I dunno. Maybe. I would need to design the mount first and test it all. Maybe. :p
  11. Darne

Darne Regular Member

I am going to buy these for my truck. I have been in communication with Rosen. They sent me drawings of visors and mounts. The mounts for the ICON trucks will fit the existing mount screw holes on our trucks. The ICON mount is universal, so you don't need to fab a mount. The visor for the ICON is just over 15 inches long. The other visors they offer for 4 Runners and Tundras will fit the arm for the ICON, but you can't buy them separately. The Tundra visors a much bigger than the ICONS. The mounts for the 4 Runners and Tundras have a wider hole spacing and will not fit the existing screw hoes in our trucks and have an angled post to conform to the Factory configuration with those trucks. I'm at work now so I can't post the drawings. I'll try when I get home.

Additionally, the hanger for the end of the visor is not necessary as the mount is adjustable for tension and holds the visor where you put it.

Darne

12. NLXTACY

Holding out on us DARNE :flipoff2:

Would love to see the info you got. Awesome to hear these can be bolt on.
  13. greentruck

greentruck New Member

Interesting. It's like a heads up display for your windshield:p

Anyone with direct experience? Is the improved view as dramatically superior in real life as in the ad photos?

Personally, if it avoids an accident, it's worth every penny. It seems like there are always several "sun blinded as factor" accidents every year around here. And you really only need the driver side for improved safety, although if both visors are trashed or you just want things to match you do have to spring for two.
  14. NLXTACY

Turns out I've seen them on buses without realizing, or even giving it another thought. Yesterday was a perfect example for me. The sun was at such an angle that the visor wasn't helping at all. Like you said, if it could potentially avoid an accident I want them.

HUD is another topic I've been researching. ;)
  15. Impreza

Impreza New Member

What's there to research? Just download the App for your smart phone :flipoff2: and throw it on the dash.
  16. NLXTACY

I tried that, it sucks :flipoff2:
  17. Slowerthanu

Slowerthanu SILVER Star

I'm in for a set, we just need part numbers. Is it $399.00 for a set. Lexus no longer makes them in camel.
  18. davegonz

davegonz Keeping it Weird SILVER Star

Do they make camel/oak colored ones? :)
  19. 1978HJ45

1978HJ45 SILVER Star

If you are flying around in a Jetstream 31 you have much bigger issues than the sun shining in your eyes.
  20. NLXTACY

No but the arms are aluminum so they can be anodized any color.