Rocker Panel Drain Plugs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 04 LX470 and am wondering if there are rocker panel drain plugs. I have noticed water on the driver side floor and just finished cleaning the front sunroof drains and water is moving but read some things to clear the rocker panel drains. Can someone post a pic of the plug so I know what to look for? Thanks!!

Yes there are quite a few plugs on the rocker panels. I recommend hitting them with fluid film every year if you're in the rust belt.

Check your windshield. Is it a Toyota/Lexus factory windshield or an aftermarket? My guess is leaky windshield.

Also check that your roof rack is not leaking. That leak can come in from the closest of your roof rack footings near the windshield. It will travel along the A-pillar and down the passenger or driver side kick panel.

I will have to check the roof rack too. Thanks

Also check that your roof rack is not leaking. That leak can come in from the closest of your roof rack footings near the windshield. It will travel along the A-pillar and down the passenger or driver side kick panel.
fwiw I have heard of the following sources of wet front seat carpets:
1) improperly replaced windshield. check with soap and water then blow air from inside or run AC on external air with windows closed and look for bubbles. 100 series is not like 80 series seals. 100 series seals look like decorative trim.
2) sunroof weeping holes clogged. Run pipe cleaner (industrial/flexible) or weed wacker cable down the holes (4 ft.)
3) AC condensor drain clogged. clean them somehow, idk.
4) Heater (?) leaks water (IDK how). idk.
5) aftermarket roof rack installed improperly. reinstall properly making sure to have seals properly in place per instructions.

That being said, I have not been able to locate the front passenger seat's carpet's leak's source. Any ideas?

You may check the moulding inside A-pillar for moisture by removing the grab handles and removing the A-pillar moulding. This is what I found after removing.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Notice in the first pic that I was at Safelite. I replaced my windshield and thought my leak was coming from an improperly installed windshield. We went through a few test and found the leak coming through roof rack footing.

Good luck with the search.

You may check the moulding inside A-pillar for moisture by removing the grab handles and removing the A-pillar moulding. This is what I found after removing.

View attachment 1252672

View attachment 1252673

Notice in the first pic that I was at Safelite. I replaced my windshield and thought my leak was coming from an improperly installed windshield. We went through a few test and found the leak coming through roof rack footing.

Good luck with the search.
what tests did you do to find the leak?

what tests did you do to find the leak?
I think he is saying that they tested for windshield leak, and then opened the a-pillar, + a bit more, and found the answer.
Taking the cover off the a-pillar is really easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom