Rock Warrior Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I realize the Tundra Rock Warrior wheels are part of many discussion threads but there are usually snippets of information. I wanted to get all the details in one place. Questions:

1. If you have them, are you happy with them?
2. Do they balance well?
3. Are you running spacers? How wide? What brand?
4. Did anyone have the inside machined to fit them without spacers?
5. Do you have pictures?

I am really considering picking up a set soon but want to make sure I won't have any surprises.

Thanks.

I ran them for a short time and only took them off because they didn't have the size tire I wanted in 17"

OEM quality with no balancing issues.

Ran 1" spacer but you probably could get by with 10mm spacers which would yield a +40mm offset. The local machine shop quoted about $200-250 on the phone to bore out the lip in the center bore but I think it could be done a little cheaper.

1 Have them, love them.

2 Balance perfectly.

3 1 inch on all four wheels.Got them from Carl @ www.[B]justdifferentials.com (great guy)

4 N/A

5 Pics attached

The only downside to the spacers is that not all shops will work with them. They think spacer and assume cheap chineese junk and liability which floors me when i come in in a Lexus..... If it were me i would spend the time and paint them flat black/dark grey and most all techs wouldn't even notice they were there. A minor inconvenience for the look i wanted/love

TLC Dan
[/B]
IMG_20120615_085656.jpg
IMG00088-20110530-1946.jpg
IMG_20120615_085646.jpg

Just bought some and waiting on them.
I have 10mm spacer up front already to fit my 35s and stock 16s, so ill just keep them on for these wheels.

hoser said:
I . The local machine shop quoted about $200-250 on the phone to bore out the lip in the center bore but I think it could be done a little cheaper.

Does this mean if you bore the center out they will fit without spacers?

Am I correct that spacers add to the front end wanting to wonder.

Thanks!

90% of the center bore hole on the RW wheels is ~110mm, which is correct. But that last 10%, towards the outside face shrinks down to like 95mm or so and that "lip" hits the LC100's front hub. On the rear, the wheels fit with no spacer.

One could even take a hand grinding wheel, if they wanted to, and hone out that lip.

Am I correct that spacers add to the front end wanting to wonder.

I have not experienced that. I am running 1" Slees up front, nothing currently in the back. Front track is ~.5" wider than rear. The truck drives like it did prior to spacers IMO.

Wish the RW wheels were available for us in 18"!

FWIW: I found, with 1" wheel adapter spacers installed in front, highway speed stability was a little better. I went back and forth testing them and came to the same conclusion each time. But I do have a fertile imagination so who knows :lol:

But the downside for me with the 1" wheel adapter spacers was the negative effect on tight off-road switchback type trails...the scrub radius effect was noticeable and not liked. The other issue, that can be solved with fender trimming and body lift, is the 35" tire to fender interference when the front suspension is compressed.

So that drove me to the 10mm slip-on spacers. The negative effect of scrub radius is not prevalent but 20mm of track width is regained. Seems like a good compromise in nearly 3-years of using the 10mm slip-on spacers and 3-years , before that, of using the 1" adapter spacers.

Wish the RW wheels were available for us in 18"!

FWIW: I found, with 1" wheel adapter spacers installed in front, highway speed stability was a little better. I went back and forth testing them and came to the same conclusion each time. But I do have a fertile imagination so who knows :lol:

But the downside for me with the 1" wheel adapter spacers was the negative effect on tight off-road switchback type trails...the scrub radius effect was noticeable and not liked. The other issue, that can be solved with fender trimming and body lift, is the 35" tire to fender interference when the front suspension is compressed.

So that drove me to the 10mm slip-on spacers. The negative effect of scrub radius is not prevalent but 20mm of track width is regained. Seems like a good compromise in nearly 3-years of using the 10mm slip-on spacers and 3-years , before that, of using the 1" adapter spacers.

I am planning on running 285-70-70 tires. Do you think 10mm or the 1" spacers?

For tight twisting trail work: 10mm slip on spacers. Otherwise it probably doesn't matter.

Without cycling the front suspension with spacers, specific tire size, etc. I'm not sure if you'll get tire to fender interference at full compression or not. That would be the other consideration.

Is anyone running them without the "beadlock" ring? What do you think about that option?

There's probably a bit of added strength with them on. And probably <2lbs off each wheel if you take them off.

I found a set of almost new take offs with 285-70-17 BFG ATs Load Range E. If all goes well I will pick them up this weekend.

I found a set of almost new take offs with 285-70-17 BFG ATs Load Range E. If all goes well I will pick them up this weekend.

Gluck! Post pics if and when they go on.

Just bought the rims on ebay for $1100 shipped from a 2013 Tundra. New condition.

Now I need the spacers, lug nut kit and tires. Do you guys recommend the "official" TRD lug nut kit from Toyota?

For spacers, I noticed that All Pro has a set of hub centric spacers for the Tundra. Anyone know if they work on the LC? If not, I guess I will go with the JD spacers (same as Slee?).

I am pretty set on 285-70-17. I am thinking BFG AT or Michelin LTX AT2 from Costco - both in Load Range D. Truck will spend 99% on the highway.

Just ordered the TRD lug kit. Now on to spacers. JD spacers are not hub centric and at $175 for a pair they are not exactly a steal. Any thought on hub vs. lug centric?

BORA makes all USA made spacers and they go for $52 each.

Any other suggestions?

Sorry man,

I paid $900 for a set of take offs including lugs and BFG tires that were better than 80 % off craigslist. Can you get out of your deal? This would make the spacers from JD more affordable. I would pay the price for them either way. Not an area where i would take any chances.

TLC Dan

As you know, the exact tire you are looking for is tire that usually comes with these wheels. But don't feel bad. Just means you should step it up to 285/75R17's (34's). ;) The Toyo ATII's would be comparable to the BFG AT's.

I doubt the off the shelf, hubcentric Tundra wheel adapters will work on the front. But BORA is made by http://www.motorsport-tech.com and they do custom work. Personally, I'd try the 10mm spacers with these wheels... or non-hubcentric 20mm wheel adapters. You can use hubcentric wheel adapters in the back.

1" spacers from slee and they rub occasionally at full turn depending on where the suspension self levels. It only touches the inner plastic liner but other than that they've been great and look good

image-2964676621.jpg
image-2964676621.jpg

Sorry man,

I paid $900 for a set of take offs including lugs and BFG tires that were better than 80 % off craigslist. Can you get out of your deal? This would make the spacers from JD more affordable. I would pay the price for them either way. Not an area where i would take any chances.

TLC Dan

Wait...are you offering to sell your set to me?

I found a few with tires but the cheapest was $1600 (plus shipping from TX). The best local deal was $2000 and still a 4 hour drive away. Florida does not see too many of these I think. I also had a problem convincing Craigslist sellers to ship in the first place (at least 3 people said no :mad:).

$1100 for new take offs still seems pretty good. $900 was a steal for your set!!! :cheers:

Also, I don't want the Load Range E tires which come stock so this way I can pick what I want. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom