Rock Chef IV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alvarorb

Color Geek in Charge
Threads
Website
www.arb-digital.com
OK People, This summer, once again Rock Chef, sponsored by Metal Tech, will putting pots and pans in 4Lo and head up the mountains. If you're interested in becoming the next Rock Chef or want to see your fellow Land Cruiser rock wheelers friends turn into creative kitchen masters, this is for you.

The competition will take place on Friday June 24th at 6:30 pm. Participants have 90 minutes to come up with two savory dishes, plus one dessert and a beverage based on a secret ingredient. The secret ingredient will be provided by me at the springs at the time of the event. It will remain a secret until then. In order to make it fair for the teams, the secret ingredient is something that will work with pretty much anything. Think chili paste, Sriracha or balsamic vinegar.

There will be a panel of 4 judges, plus Eric Agee, the Rubithon Chairman. The rules are pretty much the same as last year. Each entry will be judged in 3 categories. The categories are: Taste, Presentation, & Originality. Taste and creativeness will have a scale of 1 to 5 points. While presentation will max out at 3 points. The wining team will be the one who is able to score the greater amount of points.

Like before, each team will have its own name and maximum of 3 members. There will be a maximum of 5 teams. Each team must provide all their ingredients, plus all their cooking equipment. Each team will bring their own setup (Cooking table, stove, grill, cookware, lights, ETC). Plus 7" dessert plates, used to serve their creations to the judges.

There will be a $20 signup fee per judge and per team. All teams must sign up by May 30th and fees are due on on the morning of the event. The wining team gets to keep 100% of the signup fees. In the event of a draw, the prize will be divided evenly between the wining teams. A simple toss of a coin will define who gets the prize. Judges are responsible for their own silverware.

If you are interested in competing please PM me with your team's name and members. If you know someone who should be a judge, PM me and tell me why, just because she's your wife or girlfriend, mom, ex, ETC, ETC does not qualify. I wanna a story to tell the day of the event. Judges will be chosen from your replies and the available pool of people the day of the event.

Metal Tech is sponsoring the event. They will be providing very nice Metal Tech Rock Chef shirts. May the best team win.

Last edited:
To make it more attractive to the teams that will compete, this year we’ll have some pretty cool prizes. Details to follow soon.

Boys and girls, we have setup a Facebook group for Rock Chef - Sand Chef.
Please head over for more info.

Regards

Alvaro

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I would like to make a plaque for the winning team . This is what was presented to me back in 1994. I will get it to bad coco. And maybe the winning team can pass it on each year just like they do in the beauty pageants. Unfortunetly it was submerged in hurricane Sandy.

I'd like to thank James Lafeminak AKA Stainless 40/45 on IH8MUD for making this awesome plaque for winners of our Rock Chef competition.

I will be getting past winners names engraved on it and it will presented every year to the winners for bragging rights. The returned for the next winners.

Will go nicely with the shirts that Metal-tech 4X4 provides them.

So break out your camp cooking gear and get your Chef on! Only 2 more years to get qualified for our Championship of Champions at the 30th annual Rubithon!

IMG_1120.JPG

So, I was thinking last night about the the secret ingredient. And I’m changing things a little this time around. The secret ingredient will be provided by me at the springs at the time of the event. It will remain a secret until then.
In order to make it fair for the teams, the secret ingredient is something that will work with pretty much anything. Think chili paste, Sriracha or balsamic vinegar. The rules still applies, you have to taste the secret ingredient. Creativeness is also super important. So in this round of Rock Chef Creativeness and Taste will have the same amount of points (5). While presentation will remain at (3). This means that the maximum score for a dish is now 13 points.
May the best team win! It going to be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom