Rob's FJ45 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Driver fender being stripped, It will need some serious bodywork finding quite a bit of bondo.

100_0994.jpg

100_0996.jpg

Seeing if I can save the rear window gaskets. I contacted a company about making new ones rough estimate $400 to 600 each if I had 12 of each made. So I'm soaking them in Trans-X.

100_0997.jpg

Thats a cheaper price i think than i came up with on new window gaskets. I had a great set i sold for $400. They were the only set in country tho.

Sent from my phone using IH8MUD

U can use the tool dip to fix the areas that are no longer vulcanized

Nice looking metal.

That PS lower front section will need some serious tin bashing. I put my truck on it's side once and the weight of the truck was on the fender, and bent in the cab like yours. It needs to be perfectly straightened to get all the front end sheet metal to line up.

I think the other side is straight so I can make a template. Other than that the only bad spot is the driver rocker.

What is the large round hole to the right of the speedo cluster for?

What is the large round hole to the right of the speedo cluster for?

PO gauge addition. There's another one to the left of the instrument bezel. See the before pics on page one.

My drivers side front was bent had kelly tap tap tap it in. Lookin good rob. Your puttin pressure on me.

I have my money that Rob is going to finish his first then go help Erik and Rech finish. :)

Who is taking bets?

Nice one kelly. Playing catchup. I have a custom levitating rear bed now. Rob doesnt have nuttin on me!

ForumRunner_20130315_075020.jpg

I have to admit that I expected much worse cancer inside of that rig. Really looks workable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom