rims (FJ60) re-chrome? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
The rims on my FJ60 are starting to look pretty poor. I'm wondering if the right course of action is to have them rechromed or to look at other rims. Anyone had this done?

seems like everybody just changes them because it cost too much. sorry I wasnt too much help, but at least I responded.Has anybody ever get anything rechromed?

yes, i've had the bumpers on my Fiat re-chromed. 20 years ago it was about $100 each.

What rims to folks typically use?

pvaman

You can clean most rust off of an old crome rim by scrubbing it with coke or pepsi and a peice of tin foil. It sounds crazy but it works pretty well. Then just polish it, you may be surprised. If that does not work I have some 60 rims in good shape I can sell ya.

likewise I have some 62 rims(should be the same) kicking around the garage.

You know if your 60/62 rims fit an FJ40" what size are they 15x7? Email me with a price I may be interested in buying a set.

Apparently you forgot to uncheck the email hidden box in your profile. Thats o.k. I realized I just did the same so mine is fixed now. You can email me or uncheck that box so I can get a hold of you.
p.s. They are 15x7 chromes, have to see if I can scrounge up the caps.

So what did you guys replace them with? Just curious :D

I went with 16x8 rockcrawler wheels and 315/75/16 (35s) geolander m/ts. Check out the "slightly bigger tires" thread. Bad picture but I should hopefully get a better one up soon. :G

I replaced them with 15x8 black rock crawler rims and pro comp 33x12.50's. And the fj60 wheels will fit a 40.

who sells this line of 'rock crawler' rims, if i'd like to take a look at them?

check out 4wheel parts wholesalers, they are in all the mags and have their own web site, I think 4whlparts.com. I believe 15x8 rockcrawlers are ~$40.

its www.4wheelparts.com. If you are in an area with a decent amount of wheelers or at least people who like to lift 4x4 pickups they are probably in your area. The one by me will match any price you find anywhere on anything as long as it is the same product made by the same people. Including internet prices.

60/62 rims will fit a 40, and are a nice upgrade if you want extra width, and don't mind the eyeblinding bling:) They're the right offset, so no problems with hitting calipers or tie rod ends...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom