Review: Cellet cell phone mount... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can't visualize how the Cellet mount attaches to the DASH.

I see that there is an adhesive metal disc that attaches to the phone...
And a magnetic holder to the phone...

But how does the whole contraption mount to the vinyl covered foam dash?

The mount has a thin adhesive foam strip on the foot.

Sticky mount

Does it shake/vibrate much on washboard roads?

Not really

Has anybody tried wireless charging with the metal plate sandwiched between the phone and a slip-on case? Wondering if it messes that up.

Sticking a metal plate between the RF charging coil and the RF receiving coil (in the phone) will hardly help with the RF transmission/coupling between the two coils...

So, all depends exactly where the metal plate is sitting (i.e. you don't want it shielding the charging RF).

cheers,
george.

Well this is what I assumed, but I was really hoping to hear from someone that has actually tried it.

Well this is what I assumed, but I was really hoping to hear from someone that has actually tried it.

There's no need to try, if the metal plate is between the charging coils then it will blockdetune the RF reception.

If you want proof, go to one of the starbucks etc with the USB plug in charging 'rings' and tables with the matching charging coil area marked (that actually still works...) and see your phone charge. Then put a small metal plate between and see what happens.

cheers,
george.

Cellet mount, Iphone6, medium-duty Otterbox case. I used the rectangular metal piece inside the case and put the mount on the dash of my 40. Three weeks of driving around town has been great so far. No off road yet. High temps have been 85-96*F for the duration and the mount adhesive is still sticking well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom