Repurposing stock 40 light switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Might be a stupid idea but here goes. Im running a 60 series column so i have the light switch on there and dont need to one in the dash. I also have a second stock light switch in the dash. I was hoping to use these 2 switches to power my aux lights.

Is it possible to wire it up so that one pull (low beam) would turn on one aux light and the second pull would power a second one so then both aux lights would now be on? Just curious since were building a new harness from scratch. One switch would power the 2 light bars i have and the second would be for my winshield lights (id like to have it set up so the first low beam setting turns on the drivers side wsh light and the second would turn on the pass side light as well so both would be on).

Thanks in advance.

D

I'm no electrical expert but I think if you put a diode in the high beam wiring to the drivers side light it should work. Without the diode power would go to the passenger side when the drivers side is lit.

Just take two relays and power one from the parking light output and one from the low beam output. If you want to get fancy, you could power the first relay from the dash light output, so you could twist to turn it off, giving you on-off, off-on and on-on options.

I used one for my e-lockers in just this way.

Do what I'd do and ask Coolerman, he's everywhere.....:rimshot:

Thanks guys, just wanted to know if it was possible. Ive got a lectrical genious working on it so im sure he can make it work.

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom