Replacement early wiper motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got these motors from Speedway motors. Part number 91123502 in stainless. They come in black as well. Price about $50 each for stainless. Absolute bolt in for the early windshield frame. I haven't wired yet, but believe the wiring will be the same as the OEM units.

Don
0111121625.jpg

With OEM's being harder to find, this looks like a great solution to having working wipers on an older cruiser :beer:

cool....anything beats the oem....a little too bulky, limits any chance of a full cage.

I have a pair of those that Jim Sickles from Downey gave me years ago. The only thing that stopped me from trying them out is that the terminals are on the opposite side of the motor from stock, and I couldn't bring myself to cut and splice the wiring.

Of course, if you're wiring from scratch, there's no issue there.

Best

Mark A.

Wired the motors this morning. They work fine. One drawback is that they park on the driver's side. The wipers do come with arms and blades. You might have to heat and bend the arm for the wiper to sit up tight against the rubber gasket.

The wiring works like a later FJ40 wiring. You have a constant 12v at the motor and you operate the wiper with a ground coming from the switch. I used the original switch in this unit. It's basically a SPST switch. It has one input and two outputs that come on at the same time. They aren't really labeled. The input is a bit offset from the other two. One terminal (output) has allowance for two wires. I used the original windshield harness without any problems (other than scooting it up a bit to reach the terminals on the other side). I have attached the wiring diagram that worked here.

Don
wiperwiring0001.jpg

That is very encouraging news Don. I may have to take those things off the shelf and have another look at them. Thank you.

Mark A.

Mark

Here they are with the wiper arms/blades supplied with the motors. They are in the "park' position in this photo. They work pretty well with the stock switch. The only issue I really saw is that the drain hole in the wiper motor cover is up. I think the covers can be reversed so the drain hole is down.

Don
0113121103.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom