Repackin' the Birf' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If I want to swap sides (never done it on an 80, have on the 40 and 60), I assume the clips needed are the ones that are on the end of the axle shaft and get destroyed most of the time when separating the birf?

What is the P/N?

I think I am buying a parts washer before I do this job again. Now that I have a shop with the space for it, I think it is time.....

Jim

The 80 series ring is 90521-34005 x 2 $1.86 each

Jim,
You're probably an old hand at removing the inner axles from the birfield but in case others haven't heard, there is a trick that Robbie posted a few months ago. Use a long piece of schedule 40 steel pipe, put the axle into the end and drop it on the end of the pipe until the C-clip comes off.
-B-

Jim,
You're probably an old hand at removing the inner axles from the birfield but in case others haven't heard, there is a trick that Robbie posted a few months ago. Use a long piece of schedule 40 steel pipe, put the axle into the end and drop it on the end of the pipe until the C-clip comes off.
-B-

Never done an 80, but have done all of the other birfs this way - usually with the weight of the long side, you only need about 8 inches - the short side takes a bit mroe - and ofr anyone new to the process, a shop rag suffed in the end will protect the axle splines from getting munged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom