Removing Rubberized Liquid Bed Liner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just checked it............still on the fence with the '76

X2 on brake fluid, my brake MC was leaking on the floor and the old rubber lining just bubbles right up and peels off

Well my brother did pull the trigger on the '76, will get some pics up soon. Now to remove that crazy rubberized junk!!!!

Hmm dry ice.....................

Id use a heat gun and a razor blade scraper... It may take it down to the factory primer, but I found a razor blade made short work of the factory paint.

I agree that dry ice works great for removing factory sound deadening material. I would certainly give it a shot first. If it works your life will be easier than the other methods mentioned.

This is like a cheapo rubberized undercoating like stuff-nasty!!! Will post up some pics soon.

BTW here is the '76. I believe the bumper is a '70 series bumper though....correct?
Bill'76.jpg

Last edited:
Yea. Never heard of it being helpful with bedliner.

Dry ice works the same way on bedliner, makes it cold enough to be brittle. But, have to define bedliner, there are so many brands/types, may or may not work well on all? No matter what, removing bedliner is not fun! In my experience, chemistry makes a gooey mess, takes a longtime to work on thick bedliner, cold and/or heat takes a lot of scraping.

I know I will be in for a tough job..................will post up pics of the inside soon.

The undercoating I removed a while back was like tar. It was Asphalt based. The heat gun softened it quickly and a long handled "Lisle" scraper peeled it up easily. Then just buzz over it with a wire wheel or a finer grit flap wheel works slick too. Can't leave the flap wheel in one spot too long or it can remove to much metal. Good luck and sweet cruuser!

Thanks SO much. Actually it is my brother Bill's-he is really getting into it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom